Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 3, 2004, 4:17 PM   #11

Where is that store.Do they have a website and or can i order in on the phone. I want to buy it at that price. Details please.

Thanks

aghauri
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:36 PM   #12

I bought the FZ1 for $179 from Viking Office products --free shipping (but they included a small processing fee, only $1.40 or so though).

Panasonic DMC-FZ1S @ Viking Office Products

I just received the camera today (ordered it friday), I can't wait for work to end so I can go out and have some fun with it.

petersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:52 PM   #13

I just checked and there price now is $399. Was there a special coupon etc.

aghauri
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:24 PM   #14

I just checked and there price now is $399. Was there a special coupon etc.

No coupon, it has gone in and out of stock and gone back and forth from $179 to $399 on their site. Dont know what they are up to, but I got one at the $179 - $10 coupon, so am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Keep an eye on them maybe, you could get lucky????

take care,

Steve

jester69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:28 PM   #15

put them on my favorites list thanks
Old Nov 3, 2004, 11:53 PM   #16

I had one in my cart this morning for $179, and when I went back to check out it was $399. I called them on the phone, and when the lady checked, it was $179 in her computer. I ordered it over the phone. Funny thing...when she added it to my order it came up on her computer as $399. She had to override the price, and I got it for $180.xx with overnight delivery included.
ShawnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:25 AM   #17

I called customer service anf told them that they sold one for that price last night. They sold me for $179 as well. I had to pay tax as well so it ended up $195 for me.

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:59 PM   #18

I bought one at $179 - $15 coupon = $164 from Viking on Sunday night, it arrived on Tuesday. Great purchase experience, and great first impressions, though I'm still waiting on a bigger memory card ordered elsewhere before I can really go out and test the camera. I was really worried when I first read about the camera having only having 2 MP, but at this price I figure you can't lose. Have fun for a while, and if it ultimately doesn't satisfy then you can always sell it and move on. NickTrop's enthusiasm is catching.
astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 1:43 AM   #19

Trust me...only a few things in life we will never regret..and one of them is buying a FZ1-->v.2

Nobody believes me that its only a 2 megapixel camera because it takes such sharp and vivid pictures. Its light, its beautiful, and its accurate. Just make sure you get a good UV/Haze protector filter and a very good polarizer.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. FZ1 is one o f the best investments I have ever made.

Cheers to the FZ1v2
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:40 AM   #20

Hi Astronomer -

If you haven't read this link yet, it should help put your mind at ease: FZ-1: A Pro-Level Digital Point & Shoot by Frank Van Riper http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...per/030807.htm

At the price you paid, you can't go wrong.

Happy Shooting...

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote