Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 3, 2004, 12:14 PM   #1

Check out the the new review. http://www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.php?lang=en

Have to say I agree - I shure love mine!
crzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2004, 12:23 PM   #2

crzoom wrote:
Quote:
Check out the the new review. http://www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.php?lang=en

Have to say I agree - I shure love mine!
Im also agree, although Megapixel.net is always very kind with all brands.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:01 PM   #3

So far all the reviews are great. dispite oppinions of some of the people that who don't own an FZ20, and blow the noise thing out of perportion.

The reviews say "a little noise, but better picture quality", and some people twist it somehow into a noisy camera with poorer image quality.

I say it's a great camera with great image quality. And if someone offered to trade me 5 FZ1's or 3 FZ10's or 2 FZ15's... For my FZ20...

I would do it... Then... I would sell them and buy another FZ20, and have enough left over for some accessories.

:idea:

bobc

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 12:11 AM   #4

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Well that sounds like you don't think too much of the other cameras without owning one first hand. I find the examples posted by the FZ1v2 and the FZ10 to be a bit better than what I have seen from the FZ20 so far. I will say the moon shot by the FZ20 is fantastic. I grew up with the space program due to my Dad working with NASA.
I like all the Lumix cameras. I also know that the FZ20 is slightly noisier than the others. Noise does not account for 100% of the image quality, and can be easily removed (and most of the time is not a problem in the first place).

Sharpness, color, saturation, exposure, etc... Is what makes the image quality. I think all the Lumix's have great image quality. I am an ameture at all this stuff. I never even owned a camera before this one.

I only stick up for the FZ20 when people post things about the older Lumix's, and how much better they are than the FZ20. Even though every review so far says different. And I'm not saying that the FZ20 is not slightly more in the noise department. But the fact is that there have been many improvemants and additional features with the FZ20. And I hope they continue to move this technoligy forward.

If someone posted something about another brand of camera, saying it was better than the FZ1, FZ3, FZ15, or FZ20, I would check the reviews, look at samples, and if they are not correct, I would stick up for the Lumix line.

bobc
Old Nov 4, 2004, 8:51 AM   #5

Bob
You must be extremely happy with the newest review of the FZ20 posted by Dpreview.com
What a stunning sample shots!!!
Definitively it's an awesome camera - but in spite of that Im still thinking that FZ10 =1.5F20

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 4:37 PM   #6

FZ 10=1/2 FZ 20 or FZ 10 = 2/3 FZ 15
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 5:54 PM   #7

nooner wrote:
Quote:
FZ 10=1/2 FZ 20 or FZ 10 = 2/3 FZ 15
YaaaaaaaaaaBaaaaaaaaaabie!!!:blah:
Old Nov 4, 2004, 6:46 PM   #8

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 8:34 PM   #9

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Well bobc,

I am convinced that the FZ20 is worth the purchase so I am getting one. My friend whom I work with decided to get the FZ15 through his wife's job working for a catalog company. He is getting a great deal on it.

We will be trying out all three in a comparison shoot. Noise schmoize. All photos have them. If they did not then why all the photo programs available? I do like the fact that you share straight out of the camera shots. Do you use any programs to optimize your photos?

Attached is a night shot during halftime at asoccer game. Taken with the FZ10.
Great shot...

No. I do not enhance anything. If I did it would only be to add some kind of special effect that a camera could not provide, or to customize an image to contain other images.

To me photography is a hobbie, and enhancing images is a seperate hobbie. So I try to get the good shot rather than get an ok shot knowing that I can make it a great shot in Photo Shop.

And when I post something on this site it's to show poeple what the camera can do, and I would never want to misslead any one with a punched up image.

I do like messing around with image editing stuff as well for special things, and if I did post something that was altered I would certainly let the readers know what was done to the image.

Also. It's great that you are getting the FZ20, and your friend is getting the FZ15. It would be nice to see some comparisons. And as I said all the Lumixes are great cameras... And have fun with them...

Thank You...

bobc