Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 5, 2004, 2:06 AM   #1

Whats up guys. One of the few things about photography is that you can never have enough memory. I mean you go on vacation and what ever memory card you have will dictate the whole vacation.

I like to shoot 8 to 20 pictures of one subject before I move on and the only way I can get away with it is my Vosoniq
X's Drive II. I bought it on Ebay for 50 bucks and then you can decide how big of a drive (laptop) you want to install it with.

I also purchased a used 40gig laptop drive on ebay for 60 dollars. Now I have 40 GIGS...I said it again 40 GIGGGGSSSSS of memory for under 120 dollars. How many SD cards do I have to buy to compete with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes about a minute to transfer my filled 256 meg SD to the X's Drive II.

http://www.xs-drive.com/xsdrive2/

Like I said, you buy what ever size laptop drive it suits you. If you only need 10 gigs and want to save money, then just stick with a 10 gig...which is plenty as it is.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2004, 3:05 AM   #2

Wow excellent share.. thanks reza .. it well worth the money...

Do have the ebayerslink to buy this .. would apprct it.. thks .. pls msg me or write it here.. thks

fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 3:26 AM   #3

I would love to give you a link, but these are bids offered by private sellers. That is why I got a good deal on them. They are not ebay stores. Just be patient and you will find a good deal. What I learned is that I "watch" for example 10 laptop drives and by watching them I get an idea how much the average final bid should be and if I should wait a little longer for another auction to come up or not.

There is also the X's drive VP 300 which is a memory card reader and a MP3 player which is kind of cool. But I didn't want to drain the battery for some music, I rather use my IPod.

Let me know if you need anything.

Old Nov 5, 2004, 4:07 AM   #4

I like to make things clear for I was very confused when I came upon this product.

The unit stand alone you can buy at newegg.com for 74$.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...163-502&depa=0

It DOES NOT come with any memory..meaning NO harddrive.

You must buy your own laptop 2.5" harddrive and simply install it. All you have to do is take out 2 screws and plug in the hard drive....thats all.

There are companies who offer the X's Drive II with a harddrive already installed....but you will pay MUCH MUCH more than if you would have bought the times seperately and installed them yourself. And also by buying your own harddrive,..you get to pick how much memory you want to carry around or how much you are extra you are willing to pay in order to get a bigger drive.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions. It took me a long time to figure out how this product worked or why there was such a price difference on the same model.