Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 5, 2004, 11:05 PM   #11

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Rezajune wrote: But finally, if you are going to use the tcon17/b300 it is best to get a yoshida aluminum alloy adapter - and they may be ceasing production since the fz1 is discontinued (?). If you are going to be using accessory lens with the fz1 get a good adapter while they last.
Do you know if the FZ3 uses the same adapter as the FZ1? The FZ3 shouldn't be discontinued any time soon, so there should still be a demand. If the FZ1 and FZ3 take the same adapter, I better get one before production ceases!

propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 4:24 AM   #12

There's also the Raynox 2020 teleconverter (2.2x), someone on this forum tried it but I'm unable to find his original message.
alf_italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 5:17 AM   #13

I don't know of anyone who has purchased the Digital Optics lenses who has described them as anything other than junk.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 5:48 AM   #14

Well... as suspected Digital Optics is (to quote Brother Manyard) RIGHT OUT!!! If you're considering this adapter, yeah, the site sez something to the effect of "while supplies last..." for the FZ-1's so getcyer Yoshida adapter quick. After fmoore's post, I wouldn't try putting a TCON on this thing without one. I'll take a look at that Raynox.
I shot Mr. Yashida an e-mail... thanks, all!

Nick T

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 9:09 AM   #15

The fz3 and fz1/2 adapters are different; fz3has a bayonet fitting to the camera while fz1/2 is threaded. No one seems to be in a rush to produce a strongerfz3 adapter which is one of its shortcomings, IMO.

The raynox 2.2x is about twice the price of the tcon17 1.7x and will vignett at higher zoom than the tcon17. Quick physical comparison:

Raynox 2.2x:
Mounting threads: 62mm
Size 4.84" x 3.35"
Weight: 9.7oz

Oly tcon17:
55mm
3.9 in x 2.7 in.
9.1 oz

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 9:43 AM   #16
kaw

i would be carefull on ordering without talking to them to see what the policy is if you do not like the quality.

good luck and thanks for your other posts!!
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 9:58 AM   #17

The 295 is 29.5mm long and puts the filter as close to the fz1/2 extended lens as you can get. That is the one I have. It works beautifully.

On the Yoshida site he seems to say this one is only for the TCON17? so, does that mean if I wanted to put a different lens on then the filter after the lens it wouldn't fit? Getting the filter closer sounds good, but i'm wondering if there are any circumstances having this shorter than stock would be a problem?

You can remove the unwanted plastic from the adapter with sandpaper. This will help some.

I had to do this to even get my Hoya HMC UV filter to fit properly! Its easy though, and relatively risk free as a new piece from Panasoinc is approx. $10.

Just get some wet or dry sandpaper (i used 100 grit) and put it face up on a piece of glass. Put a few drop of water to carry the plastic dust away and put the adapter on the sandpaper outside down. While twisting the adapter move from side to side. This keeps you from putting too much pressure on one edge or the other and sanding it crooked. Best to use very little pressure. Stop and hold it up to the light every now and again to see how close you are. Stop sanding when you get to just before you hit the threads.

take care,

Steve

EDIT: <geek> accidentally used HTML instead of UBB markup tags</geek>
jester69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:32 AM   #18

jester69 wrote:
Quote:
The 295 is 29.5mm long and puts the filter as close to the fz1/2 extended lens as you can get. That is the one I have. It works beautifully.

On the Yoshida site he seems to say this one is only for the TCON17? so, does that mean if I wanted to put a different lens on then the filter after the lens it wouldn't fit? Getting the filter closer sounds good, but i'm wondering if there are any circumstances having this shorter than stock would be a problem?
I dont know why Mr Yoshida states that the 295 adapter is exclusivley for the tcon17 - perhaps because of the shallow tconthreads. Nevertheless, I have used many filters/converters with the 295 adapter on the fz1 and all of them work just fine. No problems whatsoever.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote