Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 5, 2004, 4:50 PM   #1

This is just something I saw on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Claims to be "TCON-17 X 2" and comes with a free tube adapter, though you have to specify which Oly you have.

Think it's worth it? Any thought on what tube adapter (if any) might be compatible with the FZ-1? It (tube adapter) looks to be metal(!) Anyone ever heard of this company? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2004, 5:35 PM   #2

Hell no, I always see these wanna bees. Stick to the real thing..you get what you pay.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 5:36 PM   #3

Never heard of it or them but it certainly does NOT look like a tcon17. As for the adapter, it seems to be for various Olympus cameras none of which resemble the fz series. If your really interested in an ~2x tele for the fz1 for around that price, get the oly c210 1.9x and a 55-52mm step ring for~$46. It is light enough for the fz1 stock adapter and it works pretty well for web shots.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 5:51 PM   #4

Thanks, that's what I figured too, but thought I might run it by the experts. Much obliged

I'll probably go with the C-210.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:32 PM   #5

I got a B-300 of ebay for 50 dollars. its 1.7X and works just perfect. Its 55mm so you just plug it right in.

Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:56 PM   #6

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
I got a B-300 of ebay for 50 dollars. its 1.7X and works just perfect. Its 55mm so you just plug it right in.
That's a good price. The tcon17 replaced the b300. They are identical. The tcon17/b300 has avery shallow thread - not even quite3 threads. To further agravate things, the fz1 stock adapter threads dont begin until about 1/2mm into the adapter. Therefore, the tcon17/b300 cannot get a full turn into the threads - and the threads are plastic. Add to that the weight/length/center-of-gravity of the tcon and you have a very precarious connection. DO NOT rely on the stock fz1 adapter to hold the tcon17/b300. You can remove the unwanted plastic from the adapter with sandpaper. This will help some. Screwing on a metal uv filter or dummy filter will grab more of the plastic adapter threads and give you a better connection. But finally, if you are going to use the tcon17/b300 it is best to get a yoshida aluminum alloy adapter - and they may be ceasing production since the fz1 is discontinued (?). If you are going to be using accessory lens with the fz1 get a good adapter while they last.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:57 PM   #7

$50 is a great price for that lens! I'll keep my eyes open for it on eBay. Thanks again... I wasn't thinking of that one. Usually it's the TCON or the C210.

Nick
Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:11 PM   #8

Does anyone have a link for the Yoshida, or an english site? I think I might be wanting to get me one of those (while they last...) My old link doesn't seem to work (perhaps it never did...) Thanks again.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:24 PM   #9

adapters. I got the yoshida and it fits perfect.

http://butabara-tec.com/
Old Nov 5, 2004, 8:13 PM   #10

Nick - The yoshida site is not very easy to navigate. Overseas orders are essentially handled via emai. There are three adapters for the fz1/2, each in black or silver. The 152B and 152S are will take 52mm filters. The 155 and 295 adapters are both 55mm. The 155 (B and S) is 32.5mm long (same as the plastic stock fz1/2 adapter). The 295 is 29.5mm long and puts the filter as close to the fz1/2 extended lens as you can get. That is the one I have. It works beautifully.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Here is how to negotiate the order. You must have a PayPal account. Email Mr Yoshida at[email protected] Ask if the adapter you are interested in (include B or S) is in stock. And if so, what is the shipped price? (Around $55) He will reply yes or no and give you a shipped price in Japanes yen. Go to PayPal (open an account if neccessary - just credit card/no bank is best) and click Send Money.Type inthe amount in yen and Mr Yoshida's email address as the recipient. (Obviously, you need to tell Mr Yoshida where to send the adapter. There is space for that.) You will recieve confirmation from Mr Yoshida that the order and moneyhave been recieved along with an expected shipping date. Generally, it takes about a week.

Overall, it is a very nice experience dealing with Mr Yoshida on the other side of the world. And he makes an excellent product.

Fred