Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 6, 2004, 3:43 PM   #1

I am looking for a 62mm adapter for my new FZ20 and would appreciate feedback on any of the following if you have purchased them for your FZ20:
[/*][/*]I am looking to then put a 62mm UV filter on it and possibly an Adorama Hama hood.
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2004, 4:43 PM   #2

I Purchased a Pemaraal - PD62 adapter for my old FZ10 and have since upgraded to an FZ20 the adapter is well made and fits very well, and personally have had no problems with it.

Barney
B.Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 9:49 PM   #3

Looks like the Pemaraal PD62 is outstock, anyone know why looks like most of the inventory is currently low?

Seems the PA62 would be good too, but it is also out of stock.

B.Bear wrote:
Quote:
I Purchased a Pemaraal - PD62 adapter for my old FZ10 and have since upgraded to an FZ20 the adapter is well made and fits very well, and personally have had no problems with it.

Barney
Old Nov 7, 2004, 9:11 AM   #4

Quote:
anyone know why looks like most of the inventory is currently low?
I read at the Pemaraal site they are changing thesupplier that makes the adapters. Apparently the are notdelivering them on time.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 2:30 PM   #5

I ordered a second PA62 and there was nothing wrong with it except for a very tiny spec of missing black paint. It fits really well onto my FZ10 and looks the part and I saved some $$ too !

Harj

PS.

They delivered to me in the UK within 4-5 days !

:O)>

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 5:17 PM   #6

HarjTT, when did you order yours cause the website indicates they are out of stock?

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
I ordered a second PA62 and there was nothing wrong with it except for a very tiny spec of missing black paint. It fits really well onto my FZ10 and looks the part and I saved some $$ too !

Harj

PS.

They delivered to me in the UK within 4-5 days !

:O)>
Old Nov 7, 2004, 8:38 PM   #7

I got mine about 2 weeks ago apart from the seconds most other FZ adapters were out of stock - they had the PA62's which is what I wanted.

Hope that helps

Harj

:-)
Old Nov 7, 2004, 8:46 PM   #8

So how did you decide on the PA62 instead of the PD62?

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
I got mine about 2 weeks ago apart from the seconds most other FZ adapters were out of stock - they had the PA62's which is what I wanted.

Hope that helps

Harj

:-)
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:46 AM   #9

I just fancied the PA62 - all metal build, therefore more durable and thought it would go rather well with the camera. Also check Shene's website on the FZ10 - he's reviewed most lens adapters for the FZ and he made a comment on the PA62/PD62.

"In my opinion, both the PA and PD version are solid products; however, I prefer the PA version more than the PD version. If a metal barrel converter lens or filter is mounted on the PD version and used in high temperature environment, it is very likely that you have difficulty in taking the lens or filter off from the PD tube. "

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

Harj

:O:?
Old Nov 8, 2004, 8:57 AM   #10

I received the Phayee adapter a few weeks ago (via ebay) and basically have no complaints. It goes well with my FZ20 since it fits nicely and secure. I had noissue when I attached the 62mm UV filter (Promaster MC). The lens also fit nicely into the adaptor.

On thing I did notice that you will definitely need to add (or take along) the hood when shooting outside in bright conditions especially when shotting towards the sun. I realized this a bit too late during my weekend trip to one of the national parks here in Georgia. The Phayee did have the extended hood, I just for got to take it along. I recommend it.

One thing to note that the aluminum adaptor will add some weight to the camera. But it isn't that bad. Oh, I fogot to add that it is really nice to have the adaptor in place all the time of course. During the walk through the woods, the camera was dropped but everything was fine.
nhan is offline   Reply With Quote