Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 9, 2004, 1:49 PM   #11

The first shot was on full auto (P) mode, including auto iso, auto white balance, no flash, hand-held, autofocus, IS mode 2. The second shot, now thinking about it, was taken in Macro mode (the flower mode), everything else on auto. The image below was taken like the first shot but I sharpened it slightly in photoshop and removed the background. The first two pictures were untouched except for reducing the file size so that I could post them here.
Attached Images

FZ20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:10 AM   #12

Hey Viznquest,

When you do go to the refuge be sure to stop in to the visitors center and talk with the ranger. They make constant servey trips around the car tour route and can give you get tips on where the wildlife is currently lerking.
I was able to get some great shots of a group of river otters that I would have missed had I not spoken with the desk ranger before heading out. Good luck, you will see some amazing wildlife.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:13 AM   #13

FZ20man,

Those pictures were taken in just ambient light? Were they flourescent?

I am amazed at the clarity and color. Nice job!

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 7:49 AM   #14

Excellent! The lighting is perfect, actually looks better without the flash - more even, no glare or hotspots. Did you do any post work on these?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 9:12 AM   #15

I only did post-work on the last image. The first two are untouched. The last image was sharpened slightly in photoshop and the background removed. They were all taken in exisitng museum light. I don't know if they were flouresent or not. I used auto white balance which seemed to do a nice job. The exposure, if I remember correctly, was about 1/4 second. There is no way I got have gotten pictures that sharp without the Image stabilization. I am a believer in it now. Thanks for the nice comments.
FZ20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 9:33 AM   #16

Great shots!!!
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote