Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:53 AM   #11

jesuswon I do hope you were kidding like the rest of this group was. HarjTT had the best solution, the lens pen is next and the Kodak cleaning method is used only if the spot is absolutely stubborn. Use a glass cleaning cloth or lens paper only, and of course the len pen.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:10 PM   #12

Off topic... but is anyone here interested in an unbelievable investment opportunity down in Florida? You will quadruple your money in 3 years or less. I would need $1000 down, though. And, I have a payment plan. It really is a great way to make easy money. I have a friend that has retired in 4 years from an initial $1500 investment. If you're interested, shoot me a PM, and be sure to include you phone number and your credit card info.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:43 PM   #13

I am kidding ...everything is fine!
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:04 PM   #14

i use the superfine steel wool ...or just my fingertips that works great to
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:59 PM   #15

I like to pour on the lens whatever brand of whiskey is in my flask at the time. Swish around without spilling any. Drink from the lens. Finish whats in the flask..............and you won't notice anything on the lens.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:39 PM   #16
Fox

You all have it wrong! The only real way to clean the lens on a FZ is to mount it to the grill of your car with the lens extened. Then run it through the car wash. Make sure to get the hot wax treatment as this will help bead the water if you ever have the camera out in the rain.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 2:18 AM   #17

I have tried living by the sea to drag the lens wrapped in a water proof container yet filled with thee finest sand ...behind my boat for a quick loop around an island ...after i take it out and use a screwdriver to get the "nasties" out but it seems to never work ... its insane ...i conitually do the samething expecting a different result!
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 2:29 AM   #18

I set it in the toilet and flush 3 times. Then take a shower with it. That seems to help. Also its best if you use Lever 2000.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:30 AM   #19

Lever 2000, everyone knows that Dove has moisturizers which help take those soft focus hazy like Hallmark photos. I actually love these Zeiss moist cleaning tissues. They are disposable and I wet the lens down with that, and then I use a reusable cleaning cloth, similar to the ones you get when you get prescription glasses. Here's the link b/c B&H has no idea that they have these if you go to their store. The best part is, you can carry a bunch of them with you:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...933&is=REG
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 7:46 AM   #20

Boil some water on the stove, drop the camera in. That's the only real way to kill the germs. Of course, this only applies to a "Leica" lens. Other makes, simply use a lens pen or a lens cleaner.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote