Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:48 PM   #1

Hi everybody. I am new to this forum.I am posting aphoto taken with Panasonic FZ10 camera. I appreciate all suggestions for improvements.
Attached Images

kostka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:07 PM   #2

Almost a winter
Attached Images

Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:18 PM   #3

Welcome Kostka,

Nice shots. I really like the composition of the second shot. I find it interesting that the whole tone of the picture is kind of grey, yet there are those two blue buildings in the center. I dunno, I just like it.

The night shot is good too. I haven't tried any night stuff. I'm going to have to do that. Of course I'm close to a big city like Tronto either.
Anyway glad to have you on board. Keep posting shots.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:18 AM   #4

Hi again, Kostka;

Toronto harbour is such a great place to shoot. Even without the landmark tower, it's a wonderful skyline. I like your night shot.It's just a little blown out in the highlights in the middle-left. It's kind of ironic that one of the biggest problems with night photography is overexposure. If you shortened your exposure a little or lowered your ISO, it would tame those bright lights and also cut down on the noise in the sky. Here's a post I did a couple of months agoToronto Skyline. (forgive the self-promotion here:-))

Welcome to the forums. Looks like you have a lot of interesting shots in your portfolio.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:29 PM   #5

Hi Tom, thank you for suggestions. Your Toronto skyline is very nice. I was reading that someone was making point about the leaning buildings. I sometime use"HELIKON NOISE FILTER" and I noticed, that it is not only getting rid of noise, but it will fix leaning buildings. Program is free to download and if your picture need only fix leaning building you can run it without cleaning the noise. About my photo "Toronto at night" you are right about a little blown out in the highlights in the middle-left. But I have no idea how to fix it.

Hi Smac, second shot was post processed using "Panda photo filters". I applied 50% blue filter. The two buildings are more blue, because of different natural color.

Here is one leaning tower for both of you. Thank you Viktor
Attached Images

Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:09 PM   #6

Wow! That's a great shot. The clouds look as if they're going to start moving any second.

Thanks for the tip on the program.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:36 PM   #7

Very nice shots, I am looking forward to getting over to the Island next year for a few pics and btw I love the cat in your avatar :lol:
leeanne172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:46 PM   #8

Your "almost a winter" shot is very inspiring.

Goodwork

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 4:00 PM   #9

Love these... Toronto, WONDERFUL city... rotten airport. Plenty more nights you'll be able to take more night shots, with no NHL in sight. Light up a Cuban for me, willya?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote