Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 18, 2004, 4:30 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Treemonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 628
Default

Amazing shots lawrencew. A quick question, do you crop these photos or does the 6T give you that much magnification? Im thinking of getting the 6T or similar and I dont want to be disappointed!

Cheers

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 8:29 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Nancy Gabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 662
Default

I just got a Raynox DCR-250 Super macro conversion lens. I haven't tried it out yet, but got it due to someone on this forum's recommendation. I believe the magnification is 9x which is at least double of the Nikon 6T. Also it comes with a universal adapter that snaps on to anything from 52-67mm. Once you have this adapter you can even get a greater magnification lens from Raynox. You can check it out on their website:

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz10/index.htm

While I haven't used it yet, I have seen some pics and they look very good. But I would assume the Nikon lens quality is higher. You can also get the Nikon 5T, which screws on to the 6T for even greater magnification.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:47 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
tchuanye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,279
Default

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
Amazing shots lawrencew. A quick question, do you crop these photos or does the 6T give you that much magnification? Im thinking of getting the 6T or similar and I dont want to be disappointed!

Cheers

Treemonkey
This photo is taken with the 6T, slightly at wide, crop extremely slightly.


and this at full x12 and cropped


If the subject is small and you would want to improve the composition, than you will need to crop it.

Most of my macro shots are cropped for better composition.

tchuanye
http://tchuanye.smugmug.com/
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:45 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 124
Default

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
Amazing shots lawrencew. A quick question, do you crop these photos or does the 6T give you that much magnification? Im thinking of getting the 6T or similar and I dont want to be disappointed!

Cheers

Treemonkey

Thanks.

Yes, the 6T plus a 12x zoom really can give you that much magnification
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:46 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 124
Default

Nice shots tchuanye
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 6:29 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Treemonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 628
Default

Thanks, it looks like I will have to save my pretty pennies then! Dam living in Australia as shipping costs so dam much!
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,249
Default

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
Dam living in Australia as shipping costs so dam much!
Oh please, small price to pay for living in such a beautiful country. :O
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,249
Default

The posts here are among the best macro shots I've ever seen. The lighting and composition is pert near perfect.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:21 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Treemonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 628
Default

Country is nice but New Zealand is better, Australia has no mountains.
Adorama wants to charge me ~$50 US for shipping, I could get another lens for that!
Of course I would rather pay $50 than live in the US! Im sure 49 % of you guys are ok but I dont know about the other 51%!!!:P
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:27 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,249
Default

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
Im sure 49 % of you guys are ok but I dont know about the other 51%!!!:P
Well, for what it's worth, I am proudly, firmly, and now sadly (for the counrty - indeed the world as a whole) part of the minority that was "OK".
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:14 PM.