Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:45 PM   #21

Nancy Gabby, I received my Phayee adapter tube last Saturday from Rong Jin and I am really happy with it as well. It is very well made and fits my Fz20 perfectly. I also bought a spare battery, custom lens caps and B+W HMC haze filter. Everything arrived from Shanghai in less than a week with EMS shipping. I agree with Rezajune that Rong Jin is a very nice guy to deal with. I wrote him several emails with questions and he replied them right a away. Considering Shanghai is 13 hours different from EST, I don't think he sleeps.
ehwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:48 AM   #22

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
This adapter is great.* It feels solid, and it perfectly matches the lens that it screws on to in color and if you look closely its texture.* It matches it way better than the supplied Panasonic adapter.
I have to totally agree with you, Nancy. This is one terrific product that does not cost a fortune - for a change. After reading your input and the great references from Rezajune, I got one a week or so ago and am very pleased. It took less than two weeks to get it (aside from the post office "losing" it inside the post office for 2 days).

I also got a UV filter (Hoya) and the Hoya Lens hood. Wow! When I put it all together on my FZ20 it looks like I have a 400mm lens on this thing. Oh yeah, I DO. lol.

Differently than Rezajune, I leave the Phayee lens hood on all the time with a 72mm lens cap (from Rong Jin) and carry the bigger Hoya hood separately for when I really need it. The camera and all fits nicely on its side (all together) in an inexpensive Case Logic DC-83 case that I got from eBay for $10 plus shipping. It has pockets for extra batteries, filters, charger and I can even "stuff" in my Sunpak flash if I have to.

Thanks everyone for all your input on these great products!
Jering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 1:51 AM   #23

I got my Phayee too.. The quality of the adapter is amazing.. Im surprised that Pemeraal didnt "cost effectively" choose so too... I do have a Pemeraal lying around now... One thing though ..I also purchsed the step ring so I can attach the TCon later on.. and its made of Plastic.. Uhmm wonder if thats ok?
But in any case salutes to Ron Jin on a gr8 product..
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 7:12 AM   #24

Hi,

I am very happy. I received my Phayee adapter yesterday. I am very satisfied with it.

Rong is very reliable man and it was very nice to communicate with him.

I bought CPL and UV Kenko filter too.
Thank to all, who has written some information about it.
fana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 3:05 PM   #25

I'm a bit confused about the "lens hood" feature of this adapter. If I leave the 72mm ring on does it act as a permanent push/pull retractable ring, like the Pemaraal PA62H, or is it a fixed position screw in "hood"? Thanks.
TommyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 2:18 PM   #26

I've been looking at this and nice! So temped in ordering it!
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 3:33 PM   #27

I am glad that its working out for everybody. When I received my Phayee adapter a while ago, I was really confused by the input in this forum and other forums why anybody would recomend or choose another adapter, because the Phayee one is so versatile.

Wish you guys all the best.
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 4:22 PM   #28

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
I was really confused by the input in this forum and other forums why anybody would recomend or choose another adapter, because the Phayee one is so versatile.
... it is also the only edible adapter available for the FZ's at this time.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 5:14 PM   #29

Nick,

Do you have yours with cream and sugar or syrup? lol
Jering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:17 PM   #30

What is the reason for using the Phayee adapter.Can you use a 72mm filter on it.I already have 2 B+W 72mm filters.Whats wrong with the Pana tube and hood?
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote