Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 18, 2004, 4:59 PM   #1

With the growing stuff I am collecting I have outgrown my present tiny bag ... I like the backpack idea ... any suggestions ...experiences ...good deals??

Need room for the wide angle, adapters, batteries, filters, chocalte bar, etc
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2004, 5:04 PM   #2

Lowe Pro Nova 1.

Search on Google or Ebay for it.

Mine holds my Olympus E20 two lens, flash, and more.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:39 PM   #3

I have the Lowepro Nova 2 AW. It holds everything I need for My FZ20. And I can put the camera with adapter & hood attached in the bag. Just pull it out, turn it on, and start shooting.

And has room for my Quantaray Q383 Super Flash, 30 minute AA battery cahrger, 2 additional sets (4 per set) of AA batteries for the flash, 2 camera batteries, extra memory cards, cleaning kit, camera battery charger.

And I still have room left to squeez more stuff in if I need to.

bobc

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:52 PM   #4

Ditto
I took bobc's lead and got the same bag for my FZ20.
I have everything bobc has in his bag in mine plus my tripod.

OK, it's one of those weenie table top flexie leg things but hey, it's in there and it's a tripod.:G

Kidding aside it's a great bag for around $35.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:32 PM   #5

I actually had the Nova 1 AW but it wasn't big enough, so I got the Lowepro Off road, which is a bit bigger, but I got my Raynox 2.2x lens and the TCON-17 and I just got the Raynox close up lens. I honestly haven't tried fitting everything into the bag, but I do love the bag, it has these two side holsters for lenses, I already put my 383 in one of them and the other holster (it's cylindrical) I removed. It has a belt pack as well as a regular strap so you can wear it as a belt. And on the bottom there is an attachment for a tripod, which I haven't tried using yet. How much bigger is the Nova2 from the Nova1? I am going to Hawaii in January and if I can get a smaller bag, I would like to. But the Offroad is excellent!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:34 PM   #6

Mine, Lowepro Toploader 65 AW, not cheap (50) but indestructible! with the bag for Rain too!! the camera face down with adapters and hood, just like glove, and space at the sides for flash and stuff, very quick to take it out too. Very recomendable!!

Sorry me English!!

Moncho
Moncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:53 PM   #7

I've got a LowePro TLZ 2, which is roomy enough for my current stuff. It is great for day treks because it opens toward you and lets you get into it quickly. I saw a LowePro Nova 2 AW at Circuit City today. It looked pretty nice, too, but was a more traditional bag and heavier.
Vandyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:06 AM   #8

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
I actually had the Nova 1 AW but it wasn't big enough, so I got the Lowepro Off road, which is a bit bigger, but I got my Raynox 2.2x lens and the TCON-17 and I just got the Raynox close up lens. I honestly haven't tried fitting everything into the bag, but I do love the bag, it has these two side holsters for lenses, I already put my 383 in one of them and the other holster (it's cylindrical) I removed. It has a belt pack as well as a regular strap so you can wear it as a belt. And on the bottom there is an attachment for a tripod, which I haven't tried using yet. How much bigger is the Nova2 from the Nova1? I am going to Hawaii in January and if I can get a smaller bag, I would like to. But the Offroad is excellent!
Compared to a soda can...

Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 1:19 AM   #9

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 2:05 AM   #10

hey great with the picture ...any other pix so I can see what the bags look like ...
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote