Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 20, 2004, 4:14 PM   #1

I just got my B+W 099 IR filter, I bought it cause I foundit for $8, so I thought I give it a try.Can someonegive me some advice in how to use this ORANGE IR filter. Will I need to play with the pic inPhotoshop?Will I need to shot my pics in black and white mode?

Thanks

Juan
juanmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:07 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with the 099 ir filter.Sounds interesting. For $8 you can harldly go wrong. Is it 55mm? First thing to do is manually set the white balance with the filter attached. You want bright sunlight and then set the wb to the ambient light. Maybe back off ev compensation to -2/3 or -1 and take some shots. Please post a couple here along with exif data. Btw, what camera are you using?

PS: Well, after a little research it seems the b+w 099 ir filter is a relatively inexpensive, somewhat weak ir filter available in various diameters ranging from 49-67mm and priced from $17-30 at adorama.com. Considering the strong internal ir blocker on the fz3/10/15/20 this may be a reasonable option. It's certainly priced right.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:35 PM   #3

I am using the fz1, I will post some pics maybe after thanxgivinxs, most likely they will not look that good since I do not know how to take pics with ir, but ill learn. The filter thread is 52mm. I use it with the same ring that I use with my c-210. Anyhow, thanks for the advice.

Juan
juanmilla is offline   Reply With Quote