Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 21, 2004, 5:41 PM   #11

fz10_user wrote:
Quote:
You can find True Users Surveys looking at the Pbase hot camera list (sorted by clicks) or maybe on the Dpreview or Dcresource most clicking cameras list.
Yesterday, the FZ20 was the third hottest camera with more than 3,000 clicks at Pbase.com .....It sounds odd as Nick said, that Panasonic does not appear in the long zoom category.
At this point, I do not believe that people dont know Panasonic manufactures long zoom cameras....even in spanish forums the FZs are vastly known by any user and Kodak, Canon or Olympus users post postive commentaries about the FZs.
Anyway, It is like talking to the wall - nobody is gonna listen to us - most people believe in magazines and in their biased information.

Your absolutely right, and frankly I don't care if they listen. I know I got the best Big Zoom, and the only thing we can do is what we have been doing in this forum. Let people know who come here for our help.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:35 PM   #12

Sounds like a poor reflection on the quality of Media reporting incertain countries....

In Australia, most of the major PC magazines have mentioned or favourably reviewed the FZ10 and FZ20 over the last few months - with manysaying Panasonic has little serious competition in the long-zoom camera category.

In fact,Australian PC User Magazine voted the FZ20to be the best value consumer level camera available - period... It was awarded this by a fair margin, and against all other 5Mpixel (and below) cameras - not just other superzooms!

(This award is referred to on the Oz Pana site:

http://panasonic.com.au/products/det...productID=2598)
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:37 PM   #13

Jayde wrote:
Quote:
funny i jus watched shaun of the deadĀ* !Ā* lol
Yo Jayde! What up, bud? Long time/no time...
Great flicks - both of 'em, though I'm partial to the original.

Let's see...

Canon make printers... so they advertise in PC mag...
Kodak makes printers too, and are into digital imaging, so they advertise there, I'm sure too...

...things that make you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It's kinds cool owning a "cult cam" though. F'em.

N
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:13 PM   #14

Quote:
It's kinds cool owning a "cult cam" though. F'em.

Wait some months or maybe weeks and Pana will be advertising....

ButI donĀ“t care about that.... I just care about Pana building those great cameras (donĀ“t have one, yet) and keep improving its quality.
rbata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 4:28 AM   #15

David C wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like a poor reflection on the quality of Media reporting incertain countries....

In Australia, most of the major PC magazines have mentioned or favourably reviewed the FZ10 and FZ20 over the last few months - with manysaying Panasonic has little serious competition in the long-zoom camera category.

In fact,Australian PC User Magazine voted the FZ20to be the best value consumer level camera available - period... It was awarded this by a fair margin, and against all other 5Mpixel (and below) cameras - not just other superzooms!

Similarly, Digital Camera Magazine in the UK has the FZ3 as the highest rated camera in the Compacts Ā£200-350 category (decent entry level for enthusiasts), and the FZ20 equal 1st in the Enthusiast Ā£300-450 (low end prosumer), and the LC-1 is 2nd in the Prosumer/SLR under Ā£1000.

And not a panasonic advert in sight!
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote