Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:50 PM   #1

This is both interesting and strange. I didn't read the article, just looked at the table. First, I think Pana is doing very well, considering it's a relatively new entrant in the digicam market, and it's competing against brainwashed Nikon and Canon zombies (Must buy Nikon, Nikon only brand...)

However, Panasonic (and this may not be true in terms of market share) OWNS the "superzoom" category, from a "miles ahead of the competition" standpoint. No other camera in this category comes close, but they didn't even show up on the survey in this category? Strange... I demand a recount. (And while they're at it, recount Ohio and Florida too...) :-)

I never liked PC Mag anyway... but it's an interesting survey to take a look at...

http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1...d=92203,00.asp
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:59 PM   #2

lol... are u saying we win?

Willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:05 PM   #3

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
lol... are u saying we win?

Willow
Nope...we all lost.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 2:16 PM   #4

Have you got the link to the main article?

Tried, but cannot for the life of me find it on PCmag.com. Only a report onlast years survey.
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 2:35 PM   #5

I think this is the link http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1729855,00.asp you are looking for.

Bit odd, Pana shows up in the overall table but not in any other subcategory, maybe survey results got messed up in their table somehow?

Here are the two survey results pages that top linkrefers to

http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1...d=92202,00.asp

http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1...d=92203,00.asp
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 3:19 PM   #6

Dont pay attention to this kind of magazines.
The Kodak 6490 has been awarded as the best long zoom camera of the year by PCWorld in spanish.
The article states that more than 20 very professional photographers after using exhaustively the whole long zoom cameras (Oly, Pana, Fuji, etc) concluded the Kodak 6490 is the very best and highly recommendable camera by far....they also state 6490 colors and sharpness OVERCOME the others cameras in this category.

It sounds really weird but it's true - Kodak is the main advertiser of that magazine, that's the main reason of the very postive opinions on behalf of its 6490 model.
I've never seen a Panasonic ad on their PCWorld pages.

I think, magazines do not mind wich camera is the very best, they only care the money they get of its advertisers....the more ads the more positive feedbacks.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:23 PM   #7

fz10_user wrote:
Quote:
Dont pay attention to this kind of magazines.
Agreed. Ever see the digital camera magazines? It's like buying an ad. Still, it is odd that Panasonic didn't even appear in the superzoom category.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:36 PM   #8

hi Nick

glad theres still right minded peeps in the world !

thats a damn disgrace tho..

brainwashed zombies rule eh !

NiKoN nIkOn NiKoN nIkOn ...cAnOn CaNoN cAnOn CaNoN.. funny i jus watched shaun of the dead ! lol

We should mail em at least .. like you say demanda Recount !

i do that mon... wake em up.. bigtime.

Kodak 6490 scored low in a test in what digital camera mag with 14/20 for images !

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:44 PM   #9

It's all about Rich Gready People making the world go round.

Us regular folk know what camera's are the best.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 5:07 PM   #10

You can find True Users Surveys looking at the Pbase hot camera list (sorted by clicks) or maybe on the Dpreview or Dcresource most clicking cameras list.
Yesterday, the FZ20 was the third hottest camera with more than 3,000 clicks at Pbase.com .....It sounds odd as Nick said, that Panasonic does not appear in the long zoom category.
At this point, I do not believe that people dont know Panasonic manufactures long zoom cameras....even in spanish forums the FZs are vastly known by any user and Kodak, Canon or Olympus users post postive commentaries about the FZs.
Anyway, It is like talking to the wall - nobody is gonna listen to us - most people believe in magazines and in their biased information.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote