Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:10 PM   #1

Greetings!
First time to post and first time to read this fabulous forum for the FZ1. My partner wants to buy me a camera for my birthday coming soon. I've settled on the Panasonic FZ1. After owning a Sony Mavica fd83, I'll be very delighted to finally move over to something special like the FZ1.

Does anyone have any leads for an under $200 FZ1? I've tried eBay, but no bargains there and hate dealing with unknowns.

Once again greetings to all and look forward to sharing my thoughts and especially my photos hopefully, soon to come.
Thx!!
Ron
Attached Files
File Type: (0, 0 views)
St8saler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:06 PM   #2

Best current deal on a new, unopend fz1 is $230 shipped. Go tohttp://www.viking.com/ddMain.do?leve...620_FM_7101356 It's listed at $249.99. Put it in your cart (for $250) andenter in the code DBH-PRD20 for $20 off a $200 order with free shipping.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:09 PM   #3

Nevermind... Fred beat me to the punch (above...)
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:31 PM   #4

Ritz camera stores have them on clearance. I just bought one last week for $249. Panasonic is busy promoting its FZ20, so I imagine they will be unloading alot of FZ1's right about now. You should be able to get a good price anywhere.

By the way, although it's only a 2 MP, my FZ1 takes better pictures than my 4 MP Pentax Optio S40.

Good luck on your search!

tomdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:27 PM   #5

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Best current deal on a new, unopend fz1 is $230 shipped.* Go to*http://www.viking.com/ddMain.do?leve...620_FM_7101356* It's listed at $249.99.* Put it in your cart (for $250) and*enter in the code DBH-PRD20 for $20 off a $200 order with free shipping.
Thank you, Im still hoping for the $179 might return, but then again $229 isn't too bad either.
Im going to keep on eye on Viking.com make my decision soon. Thank you all very much.
St8
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:42 PM   #6

Im proceeding cautiously as I don't want to step on any body's toes but I ran across this link just a minute ago. Btw, is the young woman shown there, stock Panasonic footage? In my research through the web today, I swore I saw someone post that pic stating that was his daughter.
St8