Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:55 PM   #1

I tried using my external panasonic flash in slave mode holding it in one hand and holding the fz-20 in the other hand and using P mode. It was easy, bounce or directional flash was easy, no adapter needed. The camera is light enough to hold and fire with one hand.And I got a tremendous number of flashes on one set of batteries. Got some great party shots last night. I took about 50 party, dancing images last night before discharging the incamera battery.

I'd like to hear more of peoples use of, and hints on how to use slave flash mode.
miller342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:06 PM   #2

miller342 wrote:
Quote:
I tried using my external panasonic flash in slave mode holding it in one hand and holding the fz-20 in the other hand and using P mode.* I'd like to hear more of peoples use of, and hints on how to use slave flash mode.
Unless you like doing this (holding the camera in one hand and flash in the other) why not get yourself an L-bracket available at any camera store for $15-$20? They are mounts used for cameras that don't have a hotshoe. They attach to the screw hole for the tripod at the bottom of the camera.

Also, careful in places where lots of people are using a flash, as the flash on their camera will trigger your slave flash also.

Also, if you're "old school", you don't have to worry about synching the slave flash to 1/125 of a second... you can use higher shutter speeds.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote