Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 22, 2004, 4:29 AM   #11

I have started a thread with the aim of doing that. Steve checks this formum so he should see it.
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 8:06 AM   #12

I sent Steve a private message, and he said to take it up with Kalypso. That it was his doing. I then sent Kalypso a private message, but so far I got no response.
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 8:41 AM   #13

Well I am sure they will do what they feel is right to do ...can't please everyone all the time ...

It gets kind of boring I must admit looking at everyones pictures they are taking of anything and everything I think the photo forums is the place for the pix. You can refer people their if you want advice or email people personally ...just my opinion. I have done that already myself.
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:06 AM   #14

yeah but there is 15 catagory's in POST YOUR PICS

OHH!! i guess we can point out whitch 1

WHAT a DRAG...willow upset stairs @ floor
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:11 AM   #15

Bad idea...

The object here is to foster a "community". This community ... which until now, that was developing nicely, was "PANASONIC CAMERA OWNERS"... We know each other, and look forward to seeing each others photos...

I am aware of the other categories, and if I wanted to post there I would have...

Bad Idea... Kalypso, you're destroying the community that was being developed here... the thrill is gone.

Guess I'll have to move over to http://www.deviantart.com though I prefered this forum the way it was.

If any Lumies come up with an alternate forum, post a link, shoot me a PM, and I'll see you there. Until then...

NickTrop Out...

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:21 AM   #16

It was done by me, not Steve. I discussed it with him & I'll leave the image threads in the forums they are posted.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:30 AM   #17

jesuswon wrote:
Quote:
Well I am sure they will do what they feel is right to do ...can't please everyone all the time ...

It gets kind of boring I must admit looking at everyones pictures they are taking of anything and everything I think the photo forums is the place for the pix. You can refer people their if you want advice or email people personally ...just my opinion. I have done that already myself.

You are right, but sometimes people want to receive some advices about your shots taken with a certain Panasonic Camera. If you mix all the shots taken with different cameras on the same forum, there's gonna be a few chances that people could leave an advice about the proper use of the camera, since brands work different at the same settings.

Additionally, not only people place their pics for advice but for showing a technique that theyare trying to get the best of certain Panasonic model.....if you move that Kind of pictues to other forum, the information simply is gonna be useless since other brand users wont pay attention to that contribution, and no opinions or critiques will be generated.

Im agree with you on the photo forum is the place for the pix, but some exceptions musbe applied.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:41 AM   #18

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
It was done by me, not Steve. I discussed it with him & I'll leave the image threads in the forums they are posted.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post, Kalypso. Are you returning things back to the way it was before and putting the threads back to their original place? Thanks...
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:11 PM   #19

ok guys...i'm sorry to say, but i don't see anything wrong with what kalypso did...

personally, i don't see how the camera should effect how the picture comes out, the camera doesn't make the photo, the photographer does.

there is a reason the "Post your Photos" forums are there

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:26 PM   #20

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
ok guys...i'm sorry to say, but i don't see anything wrong with what kalypso did...

personally, i don't see how the camera should effect how the picture comes out, the camera doesn't make the photo, the photographer does.

there is a reason the "Post your Photos" forums are there

Vito
Hey Vito...

Respectfully disagree... we know that the other forums are there, and if WE - the community members who post here regularly, wanted to post them there, we would have. While it's their site, forums - and they (Steve, Kalypso, JimC) are entitled to do as they please with their site, I thought this was for here for the members to post bad photos, or make inane comments when they please, where they please.

Where one chooses to post is (usually) left up to the member, not the moderator. It's not a "this camera or that" type of thing.

Part of the fun of this site - at least for me, is seeing fmoore's photos, or techenye's macro shots, or Willow1's abstract photos, or Nancy Gabby's photos, or Bobc's 1000th post of his infamous full moon, or smac's posts or treemonkey's shots, or Rezahunes stuff, and others too numerous to mention... To see what the others are up to in one centralized place. Now that's gone, and it takes away from the fun of this forum.

It's not the end of the world... there's other forums and places to post photos but this was an especially interesting one for that reason. A community was developing here, which is the type of thing that happens by accident and is difficult to cultivate. Why mess with it?

N