Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 22, 2004, 3:56 PM   #1

Hi All,

I know that this catergory has been covered numerous times-have searched. But haven't found the info that I'm looking for(or maybe I don't understand the answers):? I am not totally camera illiterate maybe its the cheap gin.

In your opinions what would be the best macro lense for the fz1? And what filter or step down ring would I need to fit the camera? A little about my picture takin' likes-I am deciding on the fz1 for I like the zoom and I also like to take pics of flowers , animals(birds), family, and landscape shots-vacation. I have an older Minolta 35 but to upgrade to a huge lense would be $$$$$$$$ and the cost of film-eek.

I have ruled out the tcon 17 don't really want to buy a $50 adapter. So i guess that leaves the Oly c210 & B-macro or the Canon tl-55. Oh yeah what is the Nikon 6T saw it on ebay and it looks like the size of a filter-is that what it is? Told you I was a newbie!!

Thanks so much,

norma :|

As you can guess I love these little emots-so different than on other boards..
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2004, 4:04 PM   #2

chopper123 wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

In your opinions what would be the best macro lense for the fz1?┬* And what┬* filter or step down ring would I need to fit the camera? norma┬*
Hi Norma,

I recently bought a Raynox DCR 250 for my FZ-1. I like it because it is "very" powerful. This particular macro lens has a special spring adapter that doesn't require a step-up/down ring with the fz-1. That said, I haven't heard too many complaints about any of the others. They all seem to get the job done.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 4:21 PM   #3

The Nikon6T is for taking closer shots than what the camera is noramlly capable of. So its an added macro optic. Its a twin element design that corrects for chromatic abberations far better than a simple single element close upfilter can. IMO, its sharper as well.Its a quality product and works brilliantly for closeups.

All the best and good luck :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 5:52 PM   #4

As Danny mentioned, you want amulti element close-up lens. Most of the common ones are +3 diopter and are of comparable quality.

Nikon 4t and 6t; 52mm and 62mm; $30 and $47
Olympus b-macro; 55mm; $60-80
Canon 500d; 52mm to 77mm; $80-150

The raynox dcr250 that Nick mentioned is a +8 diopter 3-element lens and is very powerful.

I would recommend getting the nikon 4t and a 52-55mmstep ring to attach it to the fz1 adapter.

For more fz1 macro info see http://www.ishots.net/fz1-2faq/fz1macros.htm

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 4:15 PM   #5

Hi again,

Just wanted to thank all for some good info-knew I could get it here!!

Haven't really heard of the Raynox-soo will have to look a little more into that.

Thank goodness for the internet and for forums like this where I can learn something and laugh too. Loved the wrestlin' pics and following banter. Keep up the good work.

norma :|
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote