Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:43 AM   #1

Where have you all been getting your FZ3's? The only place I can get one "in person" is at Circuit City for $399 (or $359 off their site with $40 rebate).

What about some of these sites that advertise it for $302 (dbuys.com) or $317 (securemart.com)?? Any good reputable on-line sites that has free shipping and a better price than Circuit City?

Thanks for any advice!

Maryanne
maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:32 AM   #2

I bought mine from Circuit City about a month ago. They were running a free case & batery mail-in and the camera was priced at $359.

Some of the biggest sales are coming up on the day after Thanksgiving (generally referred to as "Black Friday"). See what sales are running that day and you may be able to get a good deal.

I personally have dealt with a few of the online retailers (eCost, Buy.com, Newegg, ZipZoomFly, & OneCall) with no problems. But I have not dealt with the 2 you mentioned. Check with ResellerRatings and the BBB to make sure these companies are legitimate.

Also try printing out the sheets from these online retailers and see if Circuit City will price match. They may not, but it is worth a shot.

Hope this helps
dsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:59 PM   #3

Just in case you didn't see it - you can order online for the lower price, then elect to pick up the camera at a local store. Just make sure the local store has one in stock before you buy.

Although the mail order sites will have lower prices, it will be a much greater hassle to return the camera if there is something wrong with it. You won't have that problem at Circuit City. You just have to decide for yourself if that extra cost is worth the peace of mind.

I've heard that newegg.com and vann's.com are good places to buy from, if you decide to go that route. Also, by far the best place to buy on the internet is Crutchfield, but you will pay full retail there....

Phil
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:46 PM   #4

I just picked one up at 6th Avenue Electronics. They were local to me in Nj. I went there after Circuit City gave me the runaround with matching the price from B & H Photo in Manhattan.

B&H has them on their site for $339.

Add the camera to your cart and the discounted price will appear.

Toad in Nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:26 PM   #5

I bought mine from buydig.com for $337.

Great online shopping experience.
Treasuredude is offline   Reply With Quote