Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:00 PM   #1

Ok, for a dial up what really works well, is 640 pixels on the longest side and around 150kb max. Preferably only 2 images per post. Any more than that, it gets tough work to load.

So these images here at those sizes and its what I normally post. So is there a problem with having only two or three images at these sizes in a thread. Without having others add shots of their own. Thats when it gets hard to open them up.

Drops off a Carnation bud

The fly, man have I seen shots of flies in this forum

The fly and bubble gum kid. (Regurgetating)

Now this would be hard for a dial up to open IMO......and its what the other galleries are there for, not the Panasonic forum. So its the last time I will post shots in this forum, its not what and why I come to this forum. I come here for Panasonic info and to help others if I can in macro questions. If I want to post phoitos, I'll use the galleries here instead.

Ok, rant over, you can all wake up now :-)

Danny.

PS: The top shot is from a Sony CD-1000, the flies are from the FZ10. Just a quick grab is all.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:07 PM   #2

Impressive!!! all of them.

Let me ask you a question???

Was the glare on the bubble of your first shotadded by any post-processing software?? or is it straightfrom the camera???

Thanks,

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:38 PM   #3

The star. No, that was caused by the left hand flash. Out of 15 shots, this was the only one with that star. 3 flash units used and set at 1/64,000th of a second.

All the best and thanks.

Danny.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 4:10 PM   #4

macro...
just let me say your macro work is outstanding

just a lil note and not to be toharsh.. but dial up is a pain in the butt for loading photo files any way you look at it!!! so i can see your point to a degree no this is not the place to load up a bunch of photos but if say you give some advice on a micro question and want to show aexample.

what would be the reason to post it in the other forms?It would load just as slow there right so i say if we need to show a photowe all need to try to watch the file size and how many when we post..

Willow.
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 4:12 PM   #5

Killer macros... are you a pro?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:02 PM   #6

Willow, thats exactly why a photo should be allowed to be posted here. I've said that all along. Let's go back to when Norm was posting shots from the new Panasonic tele lens he got. He posted quite a few images and its was darn interesting. Thats what it should be all about. Panasonic products, info and help. Not what I've posted here and not, cats and dogs or sunsets. :-) Thats what the galleries are for, show and tell.

If an imageis posted to explain or show something, then fine. Itswhen someone posts a shot of let's say a bird, in answer toa telephoto question, thats fine and it works well, it always has worked. Its when some one see's the bird shot for comparison, then others jump in and say, oh look at my bird shots as well :roll:, thats the problem.

Then those large pages just won't load or take 5 - 8 mins (gulp !!)Now don't get me wrong, I've got projects on at the moment that are designed only for broadband user's. Series of shotsat different magnifications and ratios. Dial ups won't like it at all and I'm a dial up, LOL. Its just that a forum like this should be used for Panasonic questions and answers, not posts of the house next door. The galleries here are excellent places for those shots. IMHO.

Ahh, Nick, semi.Mainly its all about fun though :-)

All the best folks and only IMHO. It is Steve's site though and the guidelines should state clearly what those are. If we are breaking them, then we should stop, IMHO.

Danny.

Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:44 PM   #7

Danny, I love the fly macros. The first one looks like a professional encyclopedia photo or something. How'd you get such a clear, close shot.
Did you use a closeup ring or is just straight out your FZ10's lense. Amazing.....

I want to do that.... :love: Man those are nice.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:48 PM   #8

1/64,000th?

wow?!

lol! did you have to rig your camera to shoot that fast? oh wait...the flash was set for 1/64,000th?

you know how i feel about the last fly shot, but the first shot is specular (lol, spectacular )

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 6:01 PM   #9

LOL Vito, D/L it and see if you can find any M8t . You have been the only one to see it so far, LOL. You must have great eyes M8t. I can't find noise at all.

Anyway, always good to see you my friend. :-)

Danny.

Old Nov 23, 2004, 6:49 PM   #10

nzmacro take a look at my macro of a dew drop let me know what you think...

its in the close up forums

Willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote