Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:48 AM   #1

Just wondering...Are you still loving your FZ20? Or are you wishing you would have bought something else?
Rprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:59 AM   #2

Rprincess wrote:
Quote:
Just wondering...Are you still loving your FZ20? Or are you wishing you would have bought something else?
I still love my FZ10 :-) after almost nine months.

What is the purpose of your question??? are you planning to getthe FZ20???

IMO any of the Panasonic FZs are highly recommendable.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:03 PM   #3

The purpose for the question was just to see if everyone is still happy with the camera, or have they found something that they are not happy about. I have already purchased the camera but haven't had much time to experiment with it yet. That's all
Rprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:37 PM   #4

I have an FZ10 and still like it.

I wish I could spend an afternoon with some of the more experienced photographers in this forum to learn. Some of the shots shown here with the FZ cameras are simply outstanding.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:47 PM   #5

I have an FZ-10 and am very happy with it. I'm actually not considering FZ-20 since I prefer the ISO 50 (although there's probably no difference from ISO 60), and am not concerned about the megapixel difference.

The only thin I wish was different on the FZ line is a manual zoom. I think that would save the battery life.

tmoldovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 1:07 PM   #6

I still think my FZ10 is fab !

My only gripe, and I've had it from day one was the size of the grip - just wish it was the same as the FZ20/15.

Harj

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 1:20 PM   #7

Had it for about 2 months. Taken probably 600 - 700 shots. Printed about 40 of those. Spent a couple of months shopping and comparing everything from Sony point and shoots to Canon Powershots to DSLRs from Canon, Nikon and Pentax. For me cost was never an issue, it was always in order:

1) Ease of Use,

2) Weight of the camera,

3) Best resolution,

4) Power of the Zoom

5) Quality of the Pics (noise, saturation, etc.)

I started out looking at everything but Panasonic but when the FZ20 looked like it was such a good fit I ended up comparing everything I could to it. In the end, by far it had the best balance of meeting my goals. I bought it and am 100% satisfied that I made the right choice.

Also, I should mention that I have other digital cameras, I also borrowed and shot dozens of pics on the Canon Digital Rebel, Nikon D70 and Pentax *ist. For me, all of those were eliminated because either I had to use a very heavy zoom lens or put up with carrying and changing multiple smaller lens. All of those are great cameras, they just didn't hit my sweet spot.
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 2:29 PM   #8

After a month and 500 shots. My FZ20 is still my newest bestest friend.

I continue to be impressed every time I go out and try something new.

I agree that any of the FZ's are a super choice.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 2:34 PM   #9

I bet Rprincess is pretty. I can tell by the way she types. Very sexy... demure, sentence structure. This is one classy broad. I can tell. Face of an angel, long lovely legs...perfect. Sweet, sexy voice.

It gets lonely here on the Isle of Malta... (daydreams...) I'm a sheep herder here on Malta. Surround by sheep... all day, all night. Bah, Bah, Bah... day in, day out... enought to drive a person mad!!! MAD I SAY!!! These sheep and their infernal bahhhhhing!!!! Always needing to be "herded" or "shearing"... and all the time... bah....bah... bah... GOD I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM ALL! One day - one day soon, Rprincess, I will get away from this cursed island - and away from all these friggin' sheep! I promise you that! And... I'll get myself a pretty lady... classy, just like you. And we'll hold hands, and go off to see the midget wrestle'n matches together... We'll sip cheap bourbon out of a flask, like young lovers in love. You just wait. And, I'll never see another stink'n sheep for as long as I live! That I promise you.

Ah,,, yes, FZ-20. Get one, but don't pay for it yourself, get some sucker to spring for one for you. Li'l smile, flash a little gam... You know the drill.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 3:44 PM   #10

Commaon Nick... We all know you have a pair of high boots (perfect for sheeps back legs to fit in). And the sheep are not saying Bah... Bah...

Their saying Niiiiicks... Baaaaaaaack...

I was stationed in Germany for 3 years and lived in the wilderness with sheep and goats and stuff. After about 45 days... Them little fluffy suckers start lookin good.

Get off the Island before it's too L... Bah... A... Bah... T... Bah.... E...

:G

Bah.... obc...:G

Oh yes... I still love my FZ20...

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote