Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:37 PM   #1

hi guys .. I'm planning on buying a macro for my fz10 and I want to make sure i get the complete kit for setting up my fz10..can someone give me a list of everything i need to order ...so i can get this right the first shot....it's kind of confusing about some things i need..
thanks
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2004, 12:03 AM   #2

The dcr250 is a pretty powerful macro lens. You proabably want to get your feet wet with something a little less drastic. I would suggest getting the raynox rt5264p adapter for the fz10/15/20 (attaches like the supplied adapter) and the nikon 4t macro lens. Total cost $50-55.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:32 PM   #3

Yes... I agree 100% with Fred. I just got the Raynox dcr250 for the FZ-1. This is a serious macro lens, and there will be a learning curve with it. I'm not sorry I got it, it's just that this is a lens you "grow into" if that makes sense.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 4:23 PM   #4

yeah nick i unerstand...you gotta walk before you run thanks for the info guys ...but i already sent off for it at bugabuys.com...i got the raynox
rt5264p lens adaptor
raynox plp-p20 mc protector and polarizedfilter kit
and the raynox dcr -250 super macro close up lens
total price of 115 dollars amerlican money.
i was so temped to to get the 2020 telephoto lens ...but didn't...i might jus get the panasonic telephoto lens...down the line ...gotta save my lunch money first
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 9:33 PM   #5

OK, so the dcr250 is on the way. It will take some getting used to. I suggest you pratice at low zoom to start with even though you will get some vignetting. You do not have to use full zoom all the time. The dcr250 is an excellent lens and will give you wonderful results at 6x with no vignetting. Don't feel like you have to have the pedal to the metal all the time. But the poweris there when you need it.Lots of light and lots of patience. Have fun.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 10:04 PM   #6

Sorry jazz, just caught up with this one. Excellent advice here.

Just a quick word. Practise inside on flowers, Flowers teach us how to handle not only the ratios but also lighting. Soft shadows under petals, DOF, selective focus, etc. Most of all, be patient but also stubborn with it. :-)

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote