Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:29 PM   #51

Here's what I make noise with. I like it loud. I also have a Gibson J40 made in the Montana custom shop which has a sweet tone for the times I want to to be... you know , mellow.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:11 PM   #52

bobc wrote:
Quote:
Nick. I forgot to mention. I had an R200 and sold it to a buddy of mine to get the R300...I never tried to print B&W's with the epson.
Hi Bob..

Thought I might mention that I got good results with Abacus 24-7 inks... they're generics but you can't beat them at around $30 delivered. They might be a hair off from the Epson OEM inks but the difference isn't worth the price differential, imo. Abacus has an eBay store.

As far as B&W, any color inkjet will produce a color cast...greenish or blue on B&W prints. I find B&W's that come from my Epson horrid, though I like the printer overall. I might just get the HP for B&W, as HP has a seperate ink tank dedicated for B&W that you "swap out" with the color one. Supposed to make absolutely gorgeous B&W's with no color cast. They practically give them away on eBay but the HP ink cost is another matter.

Thanks,

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:15 PM   #53

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Here's what I make noise with. I like it loud.
...glad I'm not your neighbor. (Unless you're playing something I like... Hendrix is fine.)
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:28 PM   #54

Nick,
How about Voodoo Child? I've used the Abacus inks on my Canon for a couple years and have good luck. You're right about BW and I realize I have an HP 712 that I could use strictly for BW. Why didn't I think of that? Must be from all the Marshall amp feedback.:O
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:37 PM   #55

nooner,

Did anyone tell you that you look just like Jimmy Hendrix?:O

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:52 PM   #56

Ya , I get it all the time. I don't see why.:?:
Old Dec 3, 2004, 5:34 PM   #57

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 6:10 PM   #58

Bobc,

When you wrote you bought your guitar at the Guitar Center, it caught my eye because I thought you were writing about the place in London. That is where I bought the guitar shown, in 1969, and where I had the good fortune to be taught by Len Williams, father of John. Old shot of me playing it, taken withmy Uzi.

If you really want to hear a guitar that blows you away, listen to the CD "John Williams plays Barrios," track 5 in particular. "The Guitarist John Williams" is also good for a change from the normal repertoire.

parallel is offline   Reply With Quote