Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:37 PM   #1

This is my new guitar. I went to the Guitar Center looking for an acoustic guitar. I played all the name brands (Ibanez, Fender, Martin, Yamaha, Ovation, etc...)and they all sounded good.

I was looking to spend about 300 bucks, but wanted something that sounded good, played well, and had good action & harmonics. The ones that I played that had what I was looking for where too expensive (some over 1000 bucks).

I found this Taylor in the back and started to play it. The sound was unlike any of the others by a mile. I could not believe my ears the way this thing sounded. It blew every other guitar away. At first I thought it was just me, so I grabbed a Martin with a price tag over 1000 bucks and played it. It souded just like any other guitar compared to the Taylor.

The Taylor listed for $749.00 and was on sale for $549.00 with a soft case. I had my own hard case and talked the guy down to $339.00 + $39.00 for the 1 year in store plan.

When I got home I still thought it was just me about the way this thing sounded, so I went on line and found some reviews. Every single review that I read said the same thing about the sound.

This is like the Lumix of Guitars.

Here are some pics...

Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:37 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:38 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:41 PM   #4

Nice looking guitar. Is it edible? ;-)
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:52 PM   #5

Me and my (one owner) 1969 Martin D28:

See http://www.holmesburgjam.com

Taylor makes excellent guitars. What model number?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:57 PM   #6

Model 110 Dreadnought.

Also has a limited lifetime warrenty from Taylor.

bobc
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:40 PM   #7

Bob...

Great post. I am "re-learning" to play, and was looking for a decent but not too pricey acoustic. This is the one I will be treating myself to as soon as I get past Mel Bay 4. :lol:

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:43 PM   #8

Dang! bobc you are costing me a ton of money. I will have to rethink this whole "Oh, please come back, don't leave thing.

I have also played guitar for "Umpteemumblesomething" years I have a Martin 00018 that is my pride and joy. I paid $325 for it new around the time Lincoln was shot. But, now it's worth over 2K. I have been terrified to take to music festavels or anywhere that we camp overnight. But now you given me another thing to think about buying. The Lumix and the Flash, and the Nova bag, and the tripod weren't enough. Noooo! Now you have dug your way into my musical wallet.
Thanks, a Talylor will look good next to my other three guitars. I am not so sure how it will go with my seldom played didgeridoo. ( It drives the dog nuts.) Hey, can I get you to negotiate the price for me?? We don't have big musical shops out here in the sticks.

Nice looken' Geetar,
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:45 PM   #9

Nick,

It's really a great guitar. It's like the Lumix of guitars.

When you go to look at one, play some of the other high end acoustics first, then pick up a Taylor and play it. It will shock you. You will think... Where is this sound comming from.

bobc
Old Nov 25, 2004, 2:00 PM   #10

smac wrote:
Quote:
Dang! bobc you are costing me a ton of money. I will have to rethink this whole "Oh, please come back, don't leave thing.

I have also played guitar for "Umpteemumblesomething" years I have a Martin 00018 that is my pride and joy. I paid $325 for it new around the time Lincoln was shot. But, now it's worth over 2K. I have been terrified to take to music festavels or anywhere that we camp overnight. But now you given me another thing to think about buying. The Lumix and the Flash, and the Nova bag, and the tripod weren't enough. Noooo! Now you have dug your way into my musical wallet.
Thanks, a Talylor will look good next to my other three guitars. I am not so sure how it will go with my seldom played didgeridoo. ( It drives the dog nuts.) Hey, can I get you to negotiate the price for me?? We don't have big musical shops out here in the sticks.

Nice looken' Geetar,
smac
Thanks smac.

Just be warned... If you get a Taylor... Your other guitars will sound just like any other guitar, and you probably won't want to play them anymore...

bobc