Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 25, 2004, 12:46 PM   #1

FZ20 - Black or Silver? I lean toward black, but doesw it scuff up or look worn? How about the silver? Any advice? Thanks!
rickyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2004, 2:06 PM   #2

I got the black because it was in stock. If the silver was in stock and not the black I would have got that.

Makes no difference to me as long as it's an FZ20.

I take good care of it. So it has no marks on it, and I keep it clean.

The color choice is yours...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 4:20 PM   #3
BB

I would go with the black for two reasons...

1. Many silver plastic devices I've owned often end up having the silver wear off in places overtime, revealing a blackish plastic underneath. I have never experienced this type of problem with a black plastic device.

2. Black looks more professional in my opinion. Silver looks too consumer electronics-ish for my taste. (Silver is the current craze in TV's, stereos, etc. So if you want to be in style for the moment, silver is it.)

But it's all a matter of personal taste I guess.
BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:37 PM   #4

bobis the silver soldhere in usa ???i i read that is not a us product.i have seen them a lot on web sites but didnt think stores like best buy stock then.

Willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:53 PM   #5

I`m planning on buying the silver FZ20 , as soon as I save up enough allowance. If your outdoors alot with the camera on a warm sunny day, the black unit will absorb a lot more heat which in theory might effect some of the electronics. Many years ago I had an all black 35mm SLR sitting next to me in the Florida sun for about an hour and when I reached over to grab it I noticed that it was really very warm to the touch and since then I`ve always tried to keep heat away from my camera gear as much as possible.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 8:11 PM   #6

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
bobis the silver soldhere in usa ???i i read that is not a us product.i have seen them a lot on web sites but didnt think stores like best buy stock then.

Willow
Come to think of it. I have not seen one in any stores here. They could probably order it though.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 4:34 AM   #7

think i prefer black on such a thing as a professional looking digital camera. at least thats what ill be purchasing nearer christmas. i agree with whoever said silver looks more consumer electronics-ish. my dvd player is silver and thats fine, cos it fits, my computer is a blue-ish silver for the same reason. but i'll be going for the black FZ20.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 10:39 AM   #8

I never did like silver....then since it was the only color available at the time....I like it. The lettering is much easier to read and it was $10 bucks cheaper. Silver is easier to see in the black inside of most camera bags.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 11:08 AM   #9

For smaller cameras like the FZ-3 or the FZ-1 I like silver. The larger FZ-10,15,20 I prefer black. Reason? Kinda like sports cars... obnoxious reds look fine on little Z's but you wouldn't want that color on a Lincon Towncar, if that makes sense. Silver is louder, goes with small, black is more subdued for larger cameras.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote