Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 26, 2004, 12:59 PM   #1
Fox

Took a few shots of the moon last night with my FZ1/v2 and FZ15. What do ya think?
Attached Images

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2004, 1:00 PM   #2
Fox

and the FZ15 one.
Attached Images

Old Nov 26, 2004, 1:20 PM   #3

I like the FZ1 image, it looks clean and crisp!

The FZ15 imagelooks a bit soft, and it looks like there is a ghost ring around the moon, maybe over-sharpened?

(On my Laptop TFT display, if I look dead on I see the ghost ring, If I look from an angle the the ring goes away:-) )
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 1:50 PM   #4
Fox

The ring was in original FZ15 pic. I could have used photshop to get it out but wanted everyone to see it as close to the original as possible. Any suggestions on how to take a moon shot without the ring showing?
Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:59 PM   #5

Fox - These are terrific!!! No offense to Bobc, but I like these much, much better than that moon shot he always posts. I especially like the first one taken with the FZ-1. Very crisp, great contrast. NO NOISE Much better than the ones taken with the FZ-20!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:58 AM   #6
Fox

Nick, thanks for the kind complements! I was hoping bobc would chime in and give some tips. I guess my pics were not worth commenting on, or it could be that I don't use a FZ20 :shock:
Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:08 PM   #7

Fox wrote:
Quote:
Nick, thanks for the kind complements! I was hoping bobc would chime in and give some tips. I guess my pics were not worth commenting on, or it could be that I don't use a FZ20 :shock:
ha...ha...ha...

Fox. Did you use the same settings on both cameras? I say this because the FZ15 & FZ20 have an ED lense. The FZ3 does not, and I don't believe the FZ1 does either. I am not sure about the FZ10.

I am starting to suspect the ED lense as the cause of this, because I am seeing more of it from the FZ15 & 20's posts and samples I've looked at.

The way I get rid of it is to use a higher aperture setting and stepping the shutter speed until it is gone. Also if you are using a tripod, turn IS off if using the timer or to mode 2 if not using the timer.

Can you post the settings of both cameras?

I will look through my moon shots and find one with the ghosting and post it with the settings as well as one without the ghosting.

And Nick...

I promise I will use different shots for this...:blah:

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:48 PM   #8

f2.8, 1/250, ISO 80, 48x, tripod

Attached Images

Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:49 PM   #9

f8.0, 1/50, ISO 80, 48x, tripod

Attached Images

Old Nov 27, 2004, 2:41 PM   #10
Fox

bobc, I wish I could remember what pictures I posted, I took so many. After cropping the pics I just closed the photo editor. I should have marked the ones I used :roll: Sorry about that. I think the settings on the cameras were close but not the same. Shutter speed was different by 100 I think but I'm not 100% sure. I am going to try again tonight with the information you posted and see what happens. That is if the clouds go away. Thanks for your input.

BTW Nice moon pics. very sharp!