Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:11 PM   #1

Hi - I am a new FZ3 owner. Does anybody know if there is a metal lens adapter available...like either the Yoshida or Phayee for the FZ1/2? Or does anybody have insight if there are plans for a product to be produced? I plan on using a TCON-17 with my FZ3 and would like a solid fit rather than relying on the plastic Panasonic adapter. Thank you,
Dennis
dmk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:45 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.
The complexity of the bayonet connection designof the fz3 adapter makes it doubtful anyone willproduce a metal adapterat a reasonable price (say $50). Of course a huge demand could change that.
In addition to theweight and center of gravityconcerns of the tcon17, the threads are very shallow and it is often difficult to make a good stable connectioninto theplastic receiving threads. I have found that that a 55mm metal uv filter kept on the adapter at all times for lens protectionalso gives a much more secure fit for the tcon17. It is still a rather precarious situation and one that should be closely watched but that's about the best you can do.
You might also consider getting a lighter tele converter. The canon tl55 (1.45x), the oly a200 (1.5x), and the oly c210 (1.9x) are some to look into.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 2:30 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply and alternative lens options that are available. Hopefully somebody will decide that an adapter for the fz3 is worth their effort. In addition, I received an email reply from Mr. Yoshida stating that there are no plans to make an fz3 adapter, how unfortunate.

Perhaps I need to research metalwork...

Dennis
dmk66 is offline   Reply With Quote