Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:29 PM   #1

Anybody has any experience with the KC Power CrystalVue LX 8x Telephoto Lens? Here is the link. http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ckc-cvlx8.html

They claim it only produces minor vignetting. If so, i would much rather consider this instead of the raynox 2.2x
I am doing bird scoping and photography and even though the 12x zoom of my new fz20 is great, it is still hard to get some real close up.

I think the pana may not have been the right one for digiscoping. any advice?
franckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:56 PM   #2

This is the email I sent them and the answer I got.
> Hi,
> I am considering this CKC Power CrystalVue LX 8x Telephoto Lens for my Panasonic FZ20 but did not see any sample picture on your site. Before I can make up my mind, I would need to know how much vignetting there is and how much cropping would be needed.

R:This was taken with the HP850, the FZ10 will be very close. (see attachement at bottom)

> As well, what kind of adapter would be needed. I alread have the phayee that brings me to 62 and I have a step down ring 62to52.

R: You should use this adapter instead that have 52mm fitler threads http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...y-rt5264p.html (should not use an unnecessary extra step down ring, because that will push the LX lens further out from the camera's lens, and will cause more vignetting)
Attached Images

Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:57 PM   #3

Whatis the F-number of that lens?

Be ware of loss of light.
edho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:58 PM   #4

any more info on this lens? sounds great!
johnbhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 4:09 PM   #5

Man, this just seems stunning for bird photos. And it costs about as much as the Raynox 2020. News from users will be always appreciated (and also shots in case of non-optimal lighting), but I don't understand why the CKCpower site doesn't talk about lines/mm and F/...
alf_italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:58 PM   #6

I have the TCON-17, had it for a year now with the FZ10, and I STILL haven't figured out how to use all its potential.
Red Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:28 PM   #7

BEWARE that is a( fixed) zoom its ok for far far away shots but not good for mid range...or so i have read...

but i guess if you long range it would be ok...like stated light will be crucial...

Willow

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 9:22 PM   #8

Does anybody have this one and could post any picture, kind of a comparison with and without, how much magnification and much light is lost?
any help with a test would be appreciated