Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 21, 2005, 4:28 PM   #61

Hi, my name is Ginés, I'm from Barcelona (Spain) and sorry for my English. It is the first time I'm writting here. I like thrillers and books like The silence of the lambs or Along came a spider. I like metal music and tomorrow morning I'm going to buy FZ20.

I hope it will be a good choice. Thanks for yours advices.
trus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:30 AM   #62

Hi, I am Farieh from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Hesitated to purchase the FZ1 as I used to work for Sony but after getting it, I find that its the best value for money and thinking of upgrading it in the near future. By the way, I am a travel agent and travel alot. I was in Morocco and Southern Spain last month and will be going to Korea and New Zealand in February. Hope to mee some nice people from these countries. Also, Spain was very beautiful, especially Sevilla.
farieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:49 AM   #63

Hello everyone! I'm excited to be a member of this fine forum, and I can't tell you how excited I am to purchase my very own Panasonic FZ-20! (waiting for U. Sam to return money to me so that I can make that purchase....) :-)

I am female, almost 27 years of age (and I don't believe in "OLD"), married to my teenage sweetheart and have two beautiful, precious children under the age of 7.

Home: Indiana, USA

Cameras: Nikon FG, which my brother probably bought while in college or right afterwards, and he gave to me prior to my marriage in 1997. I also have a JVC GR-DVL920U digital camcorder, which is all I have to take digital stills with at the moment. Anxiously awaiting my FZ-20!

Hobbies/Interests:

Photography (not very good yet - my Dad was a photographer in the Army in the 60s, and my Mom learned from him and became the woman who totes around 3 cameras at a time and always has a camera in your face. I was always the model until I married into a family where NO ONE took pictures at ANY events! It became necessary for me to become the woman toting 3 cameras at a time! ha ha)

Scrapbooking (relatively new to this as well.... very excited about it as it incorporates all my favorite things! Pictures, writing and layout!)

Music - I play guitar and sing with a family Bluegrass group, and I also play a little piano and upright bass fiddle. I listen to Bluegrass, older Country, Swing, Big Band, Celtic, a little Classical.

Church - I'm a born again Christian, and I'm very active in our church, which gives me undescribable joy.

Reading - inspirational fiction, historical biographies, mysteries.

Food - Thai, Mexican, Italian and almost anything with sugar or chocolate *sigh*

Movies - Classics like "Penny Serenade" (Cary Grant, Irene Dunne), "Anne of Green Gables", "Gone with the Wind", "It Happened One Night"(Cary Grant, Claudette Colbert), and more than I could ever list.

Drink - I don't do alchohol; give me a Thai Iced Tea, and I'll die happy!

Dislikes - Lying of any kind.

My outlook on life - I like to meet and get to know people. I find I can learn something from everyone I meet.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself, and I'm hoping to make some good photography friends through here. I need all the help I can get!
bgrassrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 7:55 PM   #64

Amir - 23 years old
Born and raised in Israel
Served as a special forces soldier in the Israeli army
Got out of the army about 9 months ago
Music: Elton John , Billy Joel . I also play the piano
Into arts ("macro drawing" enclosed)
Looking forward to getting into photography ( Fz-20 still hasn't gotten here)
that's pretty much it.
Attached Images

Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 5:00 PM   #65

1. Favorite Music: classic rock (Dylan, Young, Stones, Who, LZ, Dead, Little Feat, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, etc.) blues, esp. electric (Hooker,the Kings-Albert and BB, Waters, Wolf, Walker, Johnson, Thornton, etc.)

2. Favorite Books: I like just about anything by Paul Theroux, Harlan Corbin, Jim Bouton, Kurt Vonnegut, and Arthur Conan Doyle. Other than that it is a hodgepodge.

3. Favorite Movies: Big Lebowski, MP and the Holy Grail, Godfather, Dr. Strangelove, Chinatown, Sleeper - too many to list really

4. Favorite Foods: NY Strip, medium

5. Favorite Drinks: any good beer from Belgium, Britain, Germany or the US and good quality spiced rum ortequila.

6. Favorite Outdoors: tennis, running, biking, homebrewing

6a. Favorite Indoors: as you might guess from my avatar I play a bit of poker, both online since 1999and B&M from about 1990.

7. Cameras: Panasonic DMC FZ-20, various 35mm P&Sers including my latest aPentax IQZoom 200 which I love, and an oldreliable Minolta Maxxum 700 I've had forever

8. Favorite Vacation Spots: San Fransisco/Napa, Gulf Coast, Vienna, Maui, Western Carribean.

Factoids: former CPA who tired of the rat race, went back to school, got Ph.D. and teach information systems/information technology. Married father of two beautiful, smart, active, sometimes hardworking girls of whom I couldn't be prouder.

Very interesting reading in this thread.

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:22 PM   #66

i've been hanging out here, and posting stuff, for a bit over a month now, so i suppose i oughta tell you all a bit about myself.

i live just outside Seattle, WA. it's a great place for photos in the summer, sucks in winter (everything is drab, gray and wet). it's also awonderful place to live -if you don't mind high taxes, even higher housing costs, ridiculous traffic and a county/state run by politicians (pretty much all Democrats) who think your money is theirs for the taking. i've lived here all my life,but i find myself seriously considering relocating...

i'm 54, divorced, and have my son, 22, and my daughter, 15, living with me. i work in the aerospace industry. my background is in electronics, but i'm working for a machine shop - go figure. hey, it pays the bills...

i've been interested in photography on and off for about 20 years. got into it photographing air shows and SCCA rallies. at present, i own an FZ20 (silver - i ordered black, but the store sent the wrong color, and i didn't want to wait for 2 months for them to process the return and send me a new one. color doesn't affect the pictures, after all...), a DMC-LC43, and an old Pentax ME Super i got back in about 1982. still works, i think, though i haven't used it in years. just got my FZ20 last month (December), and am still learning the ins and outs of all its features. seems to be a very capable camera. i'm finding digital photography is a blast, because i can shoot like a madman and not worry about how much film i'm wasting on shots that won't be what i really wanted. and, of course, being able to clean up shots after the fact makes it more productive, too...

music? i like classic rock,oldies, jazz (sometimes) and even some of the newer stuff like Nightwish and Flogging Molly. some of my favorites are Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Zeppelin and Jourmey. no rap or country allowed, thank you very much.

i like gardening, and make a mean apple pie. i love to barbecue.
i intensely dislike spiders.
golf bores me to tears. i played rugby in high school and college.
i own guns. lots of guns. well, not really, but more than i need...
i love cats. have 4 in the house. and a dog, which i can take or leave, but my daughter insists we keep.
i like fast cars, and won'tdrive one that won'ttop 100 (mph, not kph..)without breaking a sweat.
i love seafood. also Oriental, Italian,and Mexican. but there are few things better than a nice, thick spencer steak hot off the barbie...
i prefer microbrews, but will drink beer i can see through if nothing else is available.

anything else ya wanna know? ask...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:44 PM   #67

Lots of guns? Barbecue? Classic rock? Squirl, you should come to NC bro, you'll fit right in!
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:04 PM   #68

JEDinNC wrote:
Quote:
Lots of guns? Barbecue? Classic rock? Squirl, you should come to NC bro, you'll fit right in!
yeah... 'cept y'all get hurricanes there...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:45 PM   #69

I can empathize with you, squirl! I lived in Portland for 2.5 of the longest years of my life! My hubby is an Oregonian, and he told me that it "doesn't rain all the time" in Portland. I heard others telling me, "Don't marry him! Don't go out there! It rains ALL the time!" Love won out, and I moved from the rolling hills of peaceful, tranquil Southern Indiana to the hustling, bustling, unfriendly city of Portland, Oregon. (no offense to Oregonians - I am only comparing to Indiana where people wave to passing cars, regardless of whether they know them or not) I'm sure my opinion was tainted by the fact that I was a young girl far away from home for the first time in my life, and I was HOMESICK. But, regardless, when it started raining in November and didn't stop until June..... I was DEPRESSED! I gained so much weight, went on antidepressants and was totally miserable. The gray was unceasing, it seemed! All winter long.... gray, foggy, dismal. Ugh.

Move to Indiana, squirl. Lots of gun owners here! ha ha

bgrassrulz
bgrassrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 9:32 AM   #70

Rajiv here, married male, 42 and living in India. No photography as yet, but intend to buy FZ20 (with LTZ10) very soon. Interested in birding, wildlife, poetry, haiku, computers, reading, militaryetc etc.

Regards,

Rajiv is offline   Reply With Quote