Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:42 AM   #1

I was sold on getting the FZ20 or FZ15 until I saw the actual size of one. I'm really concerned about whether I would want to carry that much camera around. Would I lose a lot going with the FZ3 instead
akmase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:47 AM   #2

I agree regarding the size. My personal opinion you're not losing much. I opted for the FZ-1 over the FZ-10 both due to size and cost. I think I get more use out of it, since I take it with me more often than my old 35 with was bigger and heavier. I don't regret it, others would disagree. All the FZ's, including the FZ-1 are excellent digitals. All take excellent pictures. If you plan on printing beyond 8X10 much, then you'll need more horsepower. The is literally no difference on photo viewed on the web or pc, or on smaller sized prints up to 5X7 imo. You obviously prefer a smaller camera, the FZ-3 is nothing to sneeze at. Read the on-line reviews which rate it an "excellent" camera.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:07 AM   #3

akmase wrote:
Quote:
I was sold on getting the FZ20 or FZ15 until I saw the actual size of one. I'm really concerned about whether I would want to carry that much camera around. Would I lose a lot going with the FZ3 instead
The FZ3 is a great camera,...if you dont mind the extra MPs go for the FZ3.

I noticefive differences between the FZ20 and the FZ3:

1. Hot shoe

2. Built-in flash on the FZ20 is stronger (7mts vs 4.5mts)

3. Extra Mps (5MP vs 3.2MP)

4. Noise Reduction (NR) (though, I dont know if it works fine)

5. Manual focus.

But, about image quality all Pana FZs are outstanding.
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:11 AM   #4

Well said NickTrop. The FZ3 looks to be the choice based on your needs and size. I miss my FZ1. I did carry it around with me alot more than I do with my FZ10. Well it has me using my LC40 more in the meantime. I will getmy FZ1back in March though.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote