Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 30, 2004, 6:21 PM   #1

Just wanted to share with the others here a good deal I found. Since I don't remember if for sale and auctions links are allowed I will just say that I had a very good experience with two FZ1,2,3,10,15,20 batteries I purchased recently on a very large well know auction site. The batteries are the same capacity as the original but are not trying to claim that they are panasonic, just generic version of the same. They actually fit the charger better than my panasonic battery and they work great.

If someone wants to find one or more the seller seems to put up two at a time. Just do a search on dmw-bm7 and look for a seller that has a buy it now price of $9.25 ($8.75 opening bid) and shipping is $6.50. If you buy two shipping is just $2.50 on the second one (what I did).

Not in any way related to the seller just wanted to share a good deal I found.

PeteB
pwborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2004, 6:38 PM   #2

For 25$ dollars I think you can get a better deal using the
DSP 9000. Lasts forever. I bought from these guys so I trust them fully. Great people to do business with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 9:00 PM   #3

I looked at the DSP-9000 before I went with a battery from Eagle Imports. I really wanted to like it, but the way it interfered with my right hand was something I could not get used to.

On the FZ10, the DC input is on the right side of the camera, right where my palm would be. It would force me to change my grip to something totally uncomfortable, and I would have the DC door digging in my hand the whole time. Add to this the way the battery sticks out in front of the camera and would cram my hand to the front, I really couldn't get used to it.

After getting the BM7 clone, I have had no regrets. I've never come close to depleting both batteries, but I'm more casual with my camera than an actual enthusiast.

Just something to consider before getting a DSP-9000. See if you can go to a store that will let you try it on your camera before you buy it, that's what I did.

Some people are picky, then there's me.

Tim

MasterOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 6:06 PM   #4

What is the capacity of the DPS 9000 battery? I looked at that but I didn't really like the cords and battery door problem. I wish cameras would come with sliding covers for power jacks, preferably located on or near the bottom. I have an old canon digital (a50 I think) that has a battery hatch with a slide out notch. The power supply has a dummy battery that fits with the cord out the notch. Crude but suprisingly effective. I adapted a canon 4D battery pack that goes on your belt to work with it.

PeteB
pwborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:05 AM   #5

Yup I bought the DPS 9000 Power Pack.. Its amazing.. I thank Reza for the suggestion.. you wont go wrong buying it..

Check the review on it http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS...00/DPS9000.HTM

fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 1:40 PM   #6

Does DPS 9000 really work well with FZ 20? I cant find iton the list of cameras it is supposed to support.
puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:11 PM   #7

I've looked at the DSP 9000, and it seems like it would really be in the way with the FZ20. For one, it adds size and weight to the camera that you don't really need. For another, on the FZ20, the power input connection is inside a door on the left side. With the DSP 9000, you'd have to leave that door open all the time, which would risk bumping it into something and damaging the door, or getting dust or other contaminants into that teeny (impossible to clean) micro-USB connector that's in the same access panel. Seems to me that changing a battery in these cams is pretty simple, and a small price to pay for the safety and convenience of keeping everything buttoned up when in use. I suppose in a very controlled environment, or if I absolutely NEEDED to burn through 500 frames a day without ever changing batteries, the DSP 9000 would be an option. But with 750-800 mAh batteries available for $16-$30, that last long enough to get you through a weekend of shooting, I just don't see the need for the external battery pack... just my opinion, though...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 1:24 PM   #8

Check out my DSP 9000 Setup in the sticky thread "Questions about filters"

You see pics of my DSP 9000 used as a handle practically
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote