Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2004, 1:32 AM   #1

It's not the glass inside the lens, it is this bracked that comes with it to mount it on a tripod. It is a monster. It looks like steel forged at that place where they forged that gold ring in the Lord of the Rings. It is industrial steel. And it really does help stabilize the lens. I saw the moon outside and figure I would try my only other lens, and after all I should use it being that I paid I think a billion dollars for it, and there's something inthe contract about my first born......

12x zoom a smidgeon of cropping, resize but no enhancement:

Attached Images

Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 1:32 AM   #2

at 48x- no cropping or image enhancement, just resize:

Attached Images

Old Dec 3, 2004, 1:51 AM   #3

Very impressive. The quality really is excellent. May I ask why you bought two telephoto lenses?
Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 1:59 AM   #4

I am up late at night, I'm an online shopper. Was reading reviews, etc. I thought the Raynox would be better for nature work b/c of the higher magnification. My mom has a summer home in the Catskills, so I won't really be trying it out until the spring. I got the LTZ10 when I got the camera, and it looked as if Panasonic wasn't going to be making them anymore, and it was hard to find, so I thought I should pick one up b4 they stopped making them. The 1.5x magnification is something, but not really that much. You almost might as well just do the digital zoom and save the money. The digital zoom did a great job with my moon photos and the one that Bob posted a couple of weeks ago. I know you lose quality but....
Old Dec 3, 2004, 5:15 AM   #5

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:18 AM   #6

These moon photos should let you renegotiate that clause in the contract for your first born................
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:42 AM   #7
Fox

I have always wondered what the man in the moon looked like. You know the one they sing about in songs... Well thanks to Nancy and her multi million dollar lens, I have seen the man...........I'm not sure what he is looking at, but he looks suprised. Maybe he was looking back at you Nancy!:lol:

BTW Beautiful shots Nancy!
Attached Images

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:33 PM   #8

i think the lzt10 ..is the winner hands down...
you go girl....
I'll be buying the lzt10 when i save up enough from my lunch money...i have a very depressing story to tell..what happen this mourning......i lost my fz10.....
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 7:25 AM   #9

Oh noooooo, Jazzmaster! How did you lose it??? Well, I guess it is time for the FZ20 upgrade! Ok, maybe it is me, and it probably is but Fox, I don't see your man in the moon, I really want to, so maybe if you could show me where the eyes are, I would have a better idea. And I submitted the photo to steve's dpod, has anyone ever done this? It is my first! Wish me luck! I hope I have beginner's luck and win.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 9:01 AM   #10

This is what I see...
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote