Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2004, 7:48 AM   #1

For the first time since I got the FZ10 in Aug 04, my camera froze on me TWICE today.

It just refused to response to any inputs from the camera. Even turning it off did not turn the camera off. I had to remove the battery, reinsert it and it was fine again.

Not very sure what I was exactly doing when it hung
Batteries were fresh, trying to take some shots and than it happened.

Anyone experienced this before? Do you know the cause?
Thanks!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:46 AM   #2

This is just a guess but might be worth trying. Format the Sd card in the camera.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 11:19 AM   #3

genece wrote:
Quote:
This is just a guess but might be worth trying. Format the Sd card in the camera.
Ok will try that .....Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2004, 12:37 PM   #4

my FZ10 did crash a few times before. The power button did not work and had to take the battery out. I suspect the problem is simutaneous operation of the camera... as far as I remember I tried to do AF, zoom in/out and then did a burst shot in various low light condition. The EVF tried to gain up and down in aperture mode and suddently the camera stopped working. I can't 100% reproduce the problem, but everytime the FZ10 crashed it's in the siutation like the one described above. The camera never had a single problem under bright condition.

My FZ10 hangs 4-5 times since I bought it in July. No big deal though, don't worry too much and just take out the battery and put it back in. You just have too much luck to have it crashed 2 times in a day. :-)
akirabbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 12:50 PM   #5

akirabbq wrote:
Quote:
my FZ10 did crash a few times before. The power button did not work and had to take the battery out. I suspect the problem is simutaneous operation of the camera... as far as I remember I tried to do AF, zoom in/out and then did a burst shot in various low light condition. The EVF tried to gain up and down in aperture mode and suddently the camera stopped working. I can't 100% reproduce the problem, but everytime the FZ10 crashed it's in the siutation like the one described above. The camera never had a single problem under bright condition.

My FZ10 hangs 4-5 times since I bought it in July. No big deal though, don't worry too much and just take out the battery and put it back in. You just have too much luck to have it crashed 2 times in a day. :-)
Thanks! It could be something like that....doing a few things at one time.....Thanks! Will take note of how I use it.

Cheers!
Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:03 PM   #6

i set my fz10 on the table in direct sunlight .i was setting underneath my gazebo... the camera sooked on the sunlight and became very hot...don't set it in the sun..but never had any thing like that happen..
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 10:56 PM   #7

sdwsp wrote:
Quote:
Hello Moncho,

This happened to me too when I had the FZ10. The camera would seize up and I couldn't even turn the camera off. I too would have to take out the battery and once I put it back in it was as if the camera "re-set" itself and everything was ok. I thought it was a problem with the processor but a friend believed it was an issue dealing with the way the Secure Digital card manages memory and gave me this link to read ---

http://www.nyip.com/tips/flashcards0604.php

If so, this is something that will occur from time to time and can't be helped. Just hope it doesn't happen during your once-in-a-lifetime photo shot...

Best Wishes,

Steve
I believe this might be your problem. This is from another post with a similar problem.

Go to the link in the quote.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:30 AM   #8

akirabbq wrote:
Quote:
Come on... under no circumstances you should be thankful for the camera crashing. It is one of the things that simply shouldn't happen.

My FZ-10 "hung" exactly as Tchuanye's the second week I had it. Boy, was I scared. I have it for 4 months now and it has never happened again. No reason at all why it happened: I was not using the burst mode (which now I use a lot), not doing anything special with the camera... I think it was even in the "play" mode. Anyway, it has never happened again and I hope it never will.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:31 AM   #9

akirabbq wrote:
Quote:
Come on... under no circumstances you should be thankful for the camera crashing. It is one of the things that simply shouldn't happen.

My FZ-10 "hung" exactly as Tchuanye's the second or perhaps first week I had it. Boy, was I scared. I have it for 4 months now and it has never happened again. No reason at all why it happened in the first place: I was not using the burst mode (which now I use a lot), not doing anything special with the camera... I think it was even in the "play" mode. Anyway, it has never happened again and I hope it never will.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote