Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:35 AM   #1

I decided about a month ago to replace my old Kodak DC240 with something that would do a better job, particularly at my daughter's dance competitions (no flash allowed, dark, distant) and my son's hockey games (distant, fast-moving,poorly lit).

Steve's reviews were terrific, and I quickly narrowed in on the super-zoom class. But it was thedetailed info andimagesthat so many of you posted to this forum that convinced me the FZ20 was a good product, and the UPS man delivered mine yesterday.:-)(B&H Photo - no problems at all)

It's not small, but I'm really impressed with my first-day results! I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and results with this camera - I'm sure you have helped many other Christmas buyers like me this year.
Pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 11:54 AM   #2

Mine arrived on Wednesday! Only problem is that it is wrapped up until Christmas :sad: Many Many thanks to Bob, Nick, Nancy, Rezajune, Willow, and all others for the great information. I started out wanting Fuji, then the Canon S1 or FZ3 decision, and then I found my way into this forum. You all are THE reason I chose the FZ20 over all others and I can't thank you all enough! Now I just have to get my Phayee adapter, Hoya Super HMC, Sunpak 383, Nova 1, and on and on and on....

Thanks all,

JED
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 8:16 AM   #3

I forgot to tell my bro who was to bring the cam about the colorandas happens in such cases,I got the silvery brute. My! This FZ20 in silver,looks vulgar(IMO). Ihave yet to use it . Thought to post first when I saw the thread.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 8:27 AM   #4

wise wrote:
Quote:
This FZ20 in silverĀ*,looks vulgar(IMO).
From a aesthetics standpoint, silver looks good on smaller items. Kinda like cars. Fire engine red might look good on a small two-seat sports car, but not on a Lincon Towncar. Same applies.

Who cares, though. Takes the same pic as the black. That's all that matters.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 8:59 AM   #5

Thanks nick for the kind words. BTW is there any other difference, except color(china/japan/taiwan/korea etc.)?
wise is offline   Reply With Quote