Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2004, 11:26 AM   #1

Took these today....
All taken with FZ10+6T+Sigma Macro

#1 Red Hibiscus
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO: 50
Exposure Time: 0.0125s (10/800)

#2 Yellow Daisy
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO: 50
Exposure Time: 0.0025s (10/4000)
PS: Select, Gausian blur background, USM flower.
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 2:34 PM   #2

These aren't just "macros" - extreme close-up pics of stuff, they are highly-stylized art pieces. Keep'em rolling. I look forward to your posts.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:48 PM   #3

What a great job!!! as always.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 1:54 AM   #4

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
These aren't just "macros" - extreme close-up pics of stuff, they are highly-stylized art pieces. Keep'em rolling. I look forward to your posts.
Thanks Nick, and Fz10_user. Your words encourage me to take more.....
Old Dec 4, 2004, 2:14 AM   #5

tchuanye,

First of all, let me just say that I am very impressed by the macro shots that you have been posting. So much so, in fact, that it inspired me to order a nikon 4t and a Raynox adapter for my FZ15 which I just received today. I also appreciate that you post your camera settings for the pictures. I am very new to this and it is very helpful knowing how your camera was set. Now my question - should I not be in macro mode when I take pictures with the 4t? Am I correct in assuming that you are in full manual mode for your pictures? I am still learning how the different camera settings (aperture, etc.) affect the final image. Any tips you can provide a rookie macro photographer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
Dave L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:00 AM   #6

Bravo The first one is beautiful .. simply amazing.. love the red color.. lovely pics..
Awe an inspiration... I think Panasonic should hire you to do their Demos on how good their Cameras are...

fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 6:19 AM   #7

Dave L wrote:
Quote:
tchuanye,

First of all, let me just say that I am very impressed by the macro shots that you have been posting. So much so, in fact, that it inspired me to order a nikon 4t and a Raynox adapter for my FZ15 which I just received today. I also appreciate that you post your camera settings for the pictures. I am very new to this and it is very helpful knowing how your camera was set. Now my question - should I not be in macro mode when I take pictures with the 4t? Am I correct in assuming that you are in full manual mode for your pictures? I am still learning how the different camera settings (aperture, etc.) affect the final image. Any tips you can provide a rookie macro photographer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave and Fireworkz for your comments.

Dave, I usually use Manual mode for most of my shots. Occasionally, I use AE priority. Mainly, I find more control over the outcome of the pics. Another essential equipt is flash....this allows you to illuminate the pic, as I always use (or try to) F8.

Apeture will control DOF, so I choose F8 most of the time. The issue with FZs is that the EVF tend to darken so sometimes its difficult to compse the shots when its at F8. I will also adjust my shutter from 1/60-1/160 depending on lighting. If its too slow, and subject is moving, subject may end up blur...so increase speed. So the flash will come in useful. At high magnification, DOF is quite shallow, so have to be careful to get point of interest in focus. I usually do the 'swaying' method. Put it in MF, fix the focus, half depress shutter, sway body (not camera) and if subject look sharp, depress all the way....Take many shots and hope one turn out sharp.

As you are using the FZ15, there is no hotshoe. I am not sure if you can use a slave flash with external flash bracket? using the built in flash to trigger it. Not sure if it can work. You will have to check if the built in flash have a pre-flash. This will falsely trigger the main flash and will not work. Maybe other users can help in this area.

rgds