Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2004, 2:59 PM   #1

I have the FZ20, and I'm interested in buying an adapter tube to attach a UV and/or polarizer filters. At the moment, I'm looking at the RAYNOX RT5264P lens adapter which has a 52mm filter attachment end. Is there any reason why I should go with an adapter which has a 55mm or 62mm end? I don't plan on ever using any telephoto or other lens.
gwtx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:56 PM   #2

The only thing I can see, there does not seem to be a way to add a lens hood.

But maybe there is a way.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 5:15 PM   #3

Maybe not. But in cases where I'll need a lens hood, I can always remove the RAYNOX, and attach the Panasonic adapter.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 5:29 PM   #4

The rt5264p works as well as the others. Although it is the smallest diameter adapter it causes no vignetting and is well made. You mentioned notplanning on any lens other than uv and polarizer. If you are at all interested in macro photography (which isfascinating, IMO), see http://www.ishots.net/fz1-2faq/fz1macros.htm Applies to all fz series cameras. The 52mm nikon 4t is an excellent reasonably priced ($30) macro lens you will thoroughly enjoy.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:01 PM   #5

I've looked at the Pemaraal and Phayee adapters, they seem like they'd work well for attaching filters. I guess it's a matter of which one fits best... anyone have any words of wisdom as to which adapter positions the filter closest to the lens without interfering? The Phayee seems to offer the best flexbility and cost...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:57 AM   #6

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
The rt5264p works as well as the others. Although it is the smallest diameter adapter it causes no vignetting and is well made. You mentioned not planning on any lens other than uv and polarizer. If you are at all interested in macro photography (which is fascinating, IMO), see http://www.ishots.net/fz1-2faq/fz1macros.htm Applies to all fz series cameras. The 52mm nikon 4t is an excellent reasonably priced ($30) macro lens you will thoroughly enjoy.

Fred
Fred,

Does Raynox make an adapter tube that is 55mm at each end? If so, do you happen to know the model number?

I ask because while I hope to buy the 52mm Nikon 4t soon, I already have 55mm UV and polarizing filters and would like to be able to continue to use them without adding another adapter ring.

Any other suggestions for good adapter tubes for the FZ1?

Thanks!

Jane
nmastae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:59 PM   #7

Well, I went ahead and purchased one of the Raynox RT5264P off of Ebay. I really like this adapter. It's color matches the camera, threads are smooth and it attaches very solid. I have a 52mm UV filter on the end. The lens extends to about 1/16" from the end of the adapter. Very nice. Exactly what I wanted.