Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 5, 2004, 10:09 AM   #11

... may faves are 6, 7, and 8. Love those little Christmas bulbs at night... always make for a cool pic.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 1:02 PM   #12

Reflections in 7 and 8 are great. But I will have to say 4 is my favorite. Thanks for sharing the wonderful lights of Christmas.

Mele Kalikimaka (may lay cah lee key ma cah) cah (car) as they say it in Jersey.

Merry Christmas in Hawaiian.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:50 PM   #13

merry Christmas "bob" i can see every bulb..nice and clean..

NO.6---manual mode

Willow

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 10:09 PM   #14

Wonderful pics! Have you done the Horrorfest at Shady Brook? It is great fun. Probably would be great pics as well if you can hold on to the camera when things jump out at you.
jazzisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:20 PM   #15

Thanks everyone... And yes... It's #6...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 12:44 PM   #16

Bob,

I am a frequent reader of this forum, but rarely post. I'm hoping my wife took all my hinting this year seriously, and gets me my FZ20 for Xmas. But until now I have resisted every urge to buy it for myself. Anyway, now you know my reason for reading the forum regularly, and I have no doubt that the FZ20 is the camera for me.

What I find interesting about your picturesare the locations. The Ben Franklin Bridge, Shady Brook Farm, etc. I grew up within walking distance of Shady Brook Farm, went to school in Philly, now I reside and work in Montco. Are you from the Philly area?

JA
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:24 PM   #17

atkins400 wrote:
Quote:
Bob,

I am a frequent reader of this forum, but rarely post. I'm hoping my wife took all my hinting this year seriously, and gets me my FZ20 for Xmas. But until now I have resisted every urge to buy it for myself. Anyway, now you know my reason for reading the forum regularly, and I have no doubt that the FZ20 is the camera for me.

What I find interesting about your picturesare the locations. The Ben Franklin Bridge, Shady Brook Farm, etc. I grew up within walking distance of Shady Brook Farm, went to school in Philly, now I reside and work in Montco. Are you from the Philly area?

JA
I was born in north philly, but live in Levittown now, and work in Newtown. Since i started this new hobbie, I find myself looking for different places to take pics, and get a little exercise.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 8:43 AM   #18

Bob,

Do you know of any photography clubs in the city? I found one in Havertown but that is a bit of a stretch for me on a Monday evening coming from work. I went to one meeting and it blew me a way. I learn so much about lighting and composition that one night, it was amazing. I hope to make a few more meetings in the new year, if my work schedule permit. I'm hoping to find a group in the Philadelphia area that will get together once in a while and go to one of the many historicsites in the city for a photoshoot. Would be a wonderful learning experience, not to mention just plain fun to be with agroup that enjoy the same hobby. (Like this board, of course).Thanks in advance.
jazzisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 12:58 PM   #19

Work in Newtown, Eh? What's funny about my question now is that 10 minutes later I read all about your personal history in another thread. You deserve a lot of credit for being so candid and forthright. I guess you can say that your experience growing up was pretty much opposite mine. I grew up in Newtown (Newtown Crossing to be exact) in your typical middle class, all white suburban neighborhhod. I had none of the pressures you must have faced in North Philly. I've been through there on occasion, but I don't think I would feel very comfortable being around there for any extended periods. Glad you found your way through darker times! I, like you, am a complete newbie to photography. When my daughter was born 2 years ago, I got myself a digicam (Minolta F100). A nice compact point and shoot, with all the manual controls available. Of course I took thousands of pictures of the baby, but I started taking a lot of landscape and nature photography too. I was having too much fun, and ever since I've been yearning for a bigger, badder camera. I've had my eyes on the FZ-10, but when the 20 came out, I knew it was the one. I can't believe I've been this patient waiting for the holidays. Being the sneeky jerk that I am, I did some snooping last night, and found out that my wife DID buy me the FZ20. OOH I can't WAIT until Christmas!!!

P.S. - Your bird shots at Silver Lake were awesome!
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 1:13 PM   #20

jazzisit wrote:
Quote:
Bob,

*** Do you know of any photography clubs in the city? I found one in Havertown but that is a bit of a stretch for me on a Monday evening coming from work.
Wow!!! Where in Havertown? That's my whereabouts! Love to go to one of these things, though I teach a lot of classes at night, maybe I can make a few.

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote