Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:17 AM   #1

I have read the reviews and see no mention if the focus can be locked on the FZ cameras. I am looking at one of these cameras to replace my Canon Pro90. I know the FZ3 does not have manual focus, that's OK. Some times I find it useful to to lock the focus for repeated shots. With my Canon Pro90 I can lock the focus in difficult situations for continuous shooting. Even to the point of using digital zoom to get a good focus, then turn off the digital zoom and take the shot. Can this be done with the FZ camera's?
Winginhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2004, 4:25 AM   #2

Winginhunk wrote:
Quote:
I have read the reviews and see no mention if the focus can be locked on the FZ cameras. I am looking at one of these cameras to replace my Canon Pro90. I know the FZ3 does not have manual focus, that's OK. Some times I find it useful to to lock the focus for repeated shots. With my Canon Pro90 I can lock the focus in difficult situations for continuous shooting. Even to the point of using digital zoom to get a good focus, then turn off the digital zoom and take the shot. Can this be done with the FZ camera's?
You can switch the AF to MF, and in that way you sought of lock the focus. The switch is to the left of the barrel. If you want to refocus, you can toggle it down, and it will focus and remain at that place.
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:17 PM   #3

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote