Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 5, 2004, 4:55 PM   #1

Well to put it simply... This camera is awesome if I am taking a photo of something that does NOT move. I try to tak a picture of my son and if he move a hair I seem to get a blurry picture everytime. I have the setting on P. I have Nikon 775 2.2 mp camera and NEVER had this problem. It is not my hand shaking so much as it is the subject moving.

I have also tried the Pan, Sports in Scene Mode....ANY help correcting this would be GREATLY appreciated. I saw that someone took a great photo pf a dolphin jumping through a hoop, I copied the settings and could not fix my problem. Anyway, than kyou in advance. You all seem pretty helpful on here.:?:
jagallo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:38 PM   #2

Hi jagallo1,

Welcome to the forum.
I have an FZ20 which is almost identical to your FZ15.
I am going to start the obvious because so often it's the step I myself overlook. Is you image stabilization turned on? You can check in the menu and it should be set to Mode 1 or mode 2. Otherwise I am sure some of the other folks on this forum will step up with their thoughts.

Good luck

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 7:38 PM   #3

Image Stab. is on....Maybe I need to set the ISO to a higher number instead of the 100 default?? Does that make sense to anyone?
Old Dec 5, 2004, 8:43 PM   #4
Fox

I'll second that welcome!
I would not go pass ISO 200 unless you want to start seeing some noise. 100 is about as high as I go on my FZ15. (It's just a personal thing) Just wondering, Does the little red camera show up in the upper right corner of you LCD view finder when you go to take pictures? It might be that the shutter speed is just to slow to take the picture without causing some blurring if you subject moves a little. Just a thought.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 10:43 PM   #5

Yes I do see the red camera...I am assuming it is just my ignorance at this point. Should I leave it in the "P" setting? SHould I keep the ISO at 200 and then use the "S" setting and increase the shutter speed? I have it set at 1/200 right now. Basically, someone needs to talk to me like I am a 10 year old (no offense to 10 year olds).
Thanks for the welcome...This has been a great resource!!
Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:42 PM   #6

Can you post a sample?

Also post the settings, wether or not the flash was used, and what zoom you where using.

How much did your Son move & how fast?

I take pictures of my Grand Daughter all the time, while she is running around like a nut. Many of them are out of focus because by the time between focusing and taking the shot, she has moved out of focus.

Also, if you are zooming past 4x, it takes a little practice getting the focus right. Please post more details, and we can better assist you.

Thanks...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:58 PM   #7

Most likely you don't have enough light which is the most critical element when it comes down to digital photography.

Not enough light mean longer shutter speeds which mean that if your subject is moving it will become blurry. Use a flash and it should disappear.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote