Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:57 PM   #11

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
Nick, thx my brother...I kinda tripped my self out with these bad boys!!!!!! (the night shots)

and soon i will be venturing out with my digital art...i have sold some of my abstract on canvas all ready...

I have been corresponding with a firm to promote a line of limited digital abstract i have....

All me right here nick.....whats your opinion?
Terrific! This stuff is like Trance music, if you're familiar... lots of it out there, not much of it good. Yours is on!

Did you shoot these with the FZ-20?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:37 PM   #12

:shock::shock::shock:Phew, man this is something Will. Abstract art it ismate and its darn good at that. If these canprint out large Willow, no problem, none what so ever. Ok, what I do allot of, is to mirror and flip shots, combine them and they become huge files and can also be printed at heck of a large sizes. Its a pain working with them at 70 - 85 megs, but man can you blow them up big. You can get to 300 - 500 meg files in no time using that method.

Hey, TERRIFIC work my friend, I'm in awe

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:58 PM   #13

Willow1. You should be getting paid my man...

Great stuff. All you stuff is top notch.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:09 PM   #14

thx Nick,bob,macro,vIpEr and every one

Your right about the trance i like sum of it but i like techno its more choppy i like the beats....but when it comes to music A to Z not much i dont like.....

Now as far as the night shots yes all with fz 20.....and with the digital abstract some i manipulate from photos some i do not...these are not from photos i created these in photoshop with various actions and filters..you can see that they are in panel's ...how the look behind this sofa is just the way they would look on your wall above the sofa or where ever you would like...i just sold my canon pro 1( 8 megs )the only thing that i could afford that would come close to providing the file size it takes to do a piece that large..the 5 panel painting is 120 in x 30 in.. and can sell up wards of 2,000 dollars....oh boy would that be nice.....my avatar is a non photo abstract.. the only one that i have posted.. .being these are camera forums it would defeat the perpose...Its just you "excited "me when you said i need to get my work out to the masses so i thought i would share....

If any one would like to see my other work look here..

these would print around 20 x 30

http://www.pbase.com/willow45/digital_abstract

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:21 PM   #15

macro....hey bro

Iwant to try the flip method you are talking about i need big files lol god i need more rammmmm...I should be receiving my nikon 6 t any day i would like to get with you ona fewof your macro setup's lol not your secret ones....i love art very much and what we all do with our cameras is nuttin but art too....

keep up the great work all

wILLOw
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:53 PM   #16

- Will, I will absolutely check out you gallery tomorrow when I have more time (logging off soon) so I can devote some thought and attention to your work.

NZmac - that "flip and mirror" technique sounds interesting. Tell me more? Thx.

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:38 PM   #17

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
NZmac - that "flip and mirror" technique sounds interesting. Tell me more? Thx.

Nick
For you Nick, no problem.

If we disect this one Nick.

Ok that oneneeded a re-work because its headed off soon to the states. "The Power of the mighty ant".

If you take a shot out of the box, mirror it and then upsize it. Its now a huge file.

Now if we take the box of the ants on it, that has ended up as 35 megs by itself. Its 3 full images, perspected, joined and then sharpened. Ok so at 35 megs, its also a large seperate 3 image shot. The detail is amazing Nick. it can now be printed at very lare sizes because it is 3 full images.

Heres the box for example and its small for here :-)

So it holds its details, especially when viewed printed at largesizes. So that is now added to the all ready upsized mirrored work. Sounds complicated but its not. Then the ball or globe is made on the entire massive image, ok. That is then cut out and saved as aseperate file aswell, another 30 megs. Again the details are held and that alone can be printed at huge sizes.

Ok, so now add them altogether into one complete work. Yep, its huge Nick, enormous and it all holds its details. Everything is saved as tif's. Thats why you will never find exif on my shots Nick. Every single shot is converted.

All the best Nick, there is a Japanese artist working with 5 gig combined images BTW, Interesting huh. :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote