Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:20 PM   #1

3 Setups I used yesterday, so I took a shot of them since a few have asked.

Ok,I only care what works, not what the camera looks like or how its treated. I don't suggest anyone do what I've done to the FZ10 with a permanent fixture, but I would do it tomorrow to the FZ20 or any camera for that matter that didn't have a filter thread.

http://www.nzmacro.50megs.com/fz10setups22.html

All the best Panasonicites.

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:59 PM   #2

your site is awesome. and the setups are the bomb.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:19 PM   #3

very nice setups macro...

how did you go about attaching the lenses? there aren't threads on theback of the lens are there?

when you zoom...by the pictures...it looks like the shorter the focal length the greater the magnification...how do the zooms work? can you zoom with it connected?

having it on backwards...lets you use the threads to connect it...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:51 PM   #4

Ouch! the Fz10 looks like in pain!!!!:lol:especially the one with the Sigma 70-200 zoom lens on! :-)

Interesting set up. What are your working distances to the subject?
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:55 PM   #5

Nice stups nsmacro!

I'm going to buy a Fz20 in january, and hopefull a PAHYEE (whatever) adaptor soon.

I already have a 28~210mm Tokina Lens, and i'ts 72mm on the top!

Do you think i can do good macro shots with this lens?

And what kind of acessory i will need to hve?

Thnxs, and sorry for my poor english...

I'll soon post some South America shots for all you guys with my '20!

[]'s
Rafael Vilela
rafaelvilela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:03 PM   #6

Awww heck, I thought that would answer the questions LOL. Ok.

A rear lens cap, Nikon, Canon has the centre cut out. That is then glued to a filter ring which attachers to the fixed filter ring on the FZ10. Different to most, I don't like them reversed.

Vito, yes the smaller we go in focal length, the larger the ratios. The zoom ring on the added lens, decides the ratios. Very handy forgetting larger ratios.So the FZ10 zoom also decides the ratios, takes a lot to get used to, thats for sure. :-)The Canon 35-70 just fits reversed in the FZ10 hood Vito. Nice tight fit and its also the only lens I do reverse.

tchuanye: They are never left without being held solid. That was only quickly done to get a shot of it. Always hand held and well looked after, I promise, LOL. The distances are interesting. Lens to subject distance with the fly shot with the Canon 100mm is around 7 inches (175mm approx). The Sgma of Nikon zoom at 200mm is around 12 inches from the subject (200mm). So there isplenty of room for lighting, comfort, etc.

I hope that answers a few questions. All the best folks.

Danny.

Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:16 PM   #7

Danny,
I am very impressed with not only your site, but the innovative adaptation of the lenses. You have some gorgeous shots there mate. It's very humbling to see such excellent work.
Thank you for sharing your site.
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:20 PM   #8

hmm...does having it reversed change the effect it has on the image?

i may just use my 18-55mm kit lens i got with my rebel with my G2....

well...if it fits reversed...it should...i think...

lol

18mm would be quite a ratio!

Vito
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:56 PM   #9

You might have trouble with the 18mm end my friend. It may well focus inside the lens barrel believe or not. The 55mm end will do just fine on G2. Our mate Mark Plonsky used a 50mm reversed on the G2. So that zoom should work Vito, try it at 55mm reversed and just keep going down toward the 18mm end. I have a feeling that at 18mm, you will run out of focusing room. It does happen mate:-). No harm in trying though Vito.

I would be very interested in the results, if you can get anything like Mark got, you will be onto a winner IMO.

All the best Vito, BTW, I wish I had those young eyes of yours. :-)

Danny.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 1:10 AM   #10

hey danny

i've used the 50mm backward too...and it works very nicely...but the idea of being able to zoom to change ratios sounds amazing! of course...i don't have any higher focal length zooms (yet...getting a Sigma 70-300mm APO macro soon) so, anything i take will be CLOSER than wat i've been doing lately...

lol, cool...but a little tough to get light on something when you're an inch anda half from it...lol i dont' think even the macro ring flash would work there...lol

here's an example of my 50mm reversed set up...(if you don't mind me posting it)

Vito

(this flower is a Chrysanthemum...this particular one was just opening and was probably less than an inch across...maybe smaller...can't remember lol)
btw...the DOF is normally only a couple millimeters with this setup...so the flower can't be bigger than a half inch...

Attached Images