Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2004, 9:46 PM   #11

Obviouslyyoudidn't get the fz3 to take pictures of your computer and ironing paraphernalia. Take it outside into the sunlight.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 11:34 PM   #12

Fugi makes a great cam. No doubt. However, to my eye, the second picture looks like it has a brown cast to me, as if it had a colored filter.

As others stated, take the camera out in the sun and get used to its IS + 12X optical zoom capabilities. It will give you versitility that no other camera can match for the dollars. In the film world, film camera with various lenses render images differently, and certainly film stocks have different color profiles. Fugi film looks different from Kodak stock and photographers have their (strong) preferences. Likewise digitals all have unique processing engines that have the same effect. You may just have a preference for how Fuji "film stock" - it's processing engine, renders an image over that of the Lumix.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 11:57 PM   #13

Okay, after some practice, I'm learning some new things. However, I do notice the pinkish tint to most of my shots when using flash, no matter what intensity I choose. I've tried the white balance, as suggested before, to no avail. However, maybe I'll stumble on on a solution as I get more acclimated.

Here's a pic I took about 9ft. away from the Xmas tree, zoomed in on an ornament, ISO 200, flash, and WB set to bulb.

Attached Images

rubblerubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:05 AM   #14

rubblerubble wrote:
Quote:
Here's a pic I took about 9ft. away from the Xmas tree, zoomed in on an ornament, ISO 200, flash, and WB set to bulb.
... careful, zooming gets addictive. It still amazes me. I can't imaging owning a camera without it. As for color issues, I use Photoshop 7, and I alway auto-adjust levels, reduce noise (if needed, which is rare) and use an unsharpen mask. Call me a tweaker but I like the results over what comes out of the camera. I would incorporate this workflow with any digital, I'm sure, so the latent image out of the camera is never at issue for me.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:35 AM   #15

Just curious, how did you set the white balance?
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote