Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2004, 11:37 AM   #1

Hello all.

What's the big diference between the FZ10 and FZ20? Beside the extra mp, and the smooth body?

Thnx!
[]s
rafaelvilela is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2004, 12:54 PM   #2

The FZ20 has a much stronger flash and a focus assist lamp. The FZ10 is a bit limited indoors. The viewfinder doesn't gain up in low light and the focus distance isn't displayed, so manual focus doesn't help much in situations where it won't focus. The FZ10 flash is also very weak where the FZ20 has a powerful flash. Outdoors there isn't much difference except for the higher pixels.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 7:39 PM   #3

The FZ20 has 9 point AF/3point AF, which quicker, and usable lower light than FZ10, Center-Weighted Light Metering system, new algorithm for color system information. It can removes CA in most cases. Re-designed Mega I.O.S. which is more effective than FZ10.

Re-designed mode ring, external flash-burst mode for 3 pictures, higher magnification of EVF (11x instead of 7x, which used in FZ10), noise reduction menu.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The FZ20 shows highlight (overexposured areas) in the pictures, re-designed user interface, with new "SLR-like" look in rec mode. The FZ20 limits ISO speeds ISO80-200 when flash is inactive (for the less noise). The FZ20 has got more scene programs.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"And of course, new body design which made poly-carbonate and metal, AF assist lamp, re-designed lens-hood, and an extra megapixel...
KTTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 7:50 PM   #4

KTTech...

You are the techiest...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 10:42 PM   #5

I love my FZ10, but if I were buying today, it would be the FZ20 for two main reasons - the focus assist lamp, and landscape mode. I can't use the manual focus worth a flip, and there are times I'd love to have infinity focus. As I understand it (and I could be wrong), the landscape mode provides that.

Burst mode with external flash? I hadn't heard that. I'm surprised that would even work, since the flash needs to recharge. Sounds very interesting!

cageyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:52 AM   #6

The external flash - my Sunpak 383 - can recharce very quickly IF I don't use in maximum power. I often shots series with flash...
KTTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:57 PM   #7

KTTech wrote:
Quote:
The external flash - my Sunpak 383 - can recharce very quickly IF I don't use in maximum power. I often shots series with flash...
Hi KTTech,

Really appreciate the information you bring to this forum. I have a Sunpak 422D. Do you suppose it will work like your 383 for a series shot? How low power do you need to go? 50%? Less?

Jering
Jering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:07 AM   #8

To answer my own question, yes. I tried it with full power and consistently took 3 good shots in a row with my Sunpak 422D. Hooray!
Jering is offline   Reply With Quote