Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2004, 2:11 PM   #1

Which end do I attach to the camera? Both ends have female threads and will attach to the camera. One end seems to have more of a bevel than the other. Does it makes any difference? Also it looks like the lens extends almost to the end of the adapter when the camera is on. Will I be able to use a filter without the lens coming in contact with the filter? I think so, but am just being cautious to protect that lens. Thanks.
bluecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2004, 2:43 PM   #2

I jsut got one of those and I beleive that the end with the inset threads goes on the camera. On mine one end has a blank space before the threads and it just seems to fit better on the camera. Also I have not had any problems with the lense hitting the filters on mine.

PeteB
pwborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 6:38 PM   #3

I guess I am just not understanding how the filter will screw on the end of the adapter. Is the filter male threaded? From the pictures I have seen they all look like they have the same type threads as my Yoshida adapter (female) and they won't screw together. Am I misunderstanding something? Do the filters come with male threads?
Old Dec 8, 2004, 1:41 AM   #4

Filters usually have both male and female threads so that multiple filters can be stacked. Lenses have female threads and the extender tube will also have female threads after it is screwed on. On end of the extender tube has the threads recessed with a non-threaded section first. I beleive that end is the end that screws onto the camera lense leaving the female threads for the filters all the way to the edge of the tube. Hope that makes sense.

PeteB
pwborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 8:49 AM   #5

That makes perfect sense. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:59 PM   #6

Do you know where the yoshida adaptor's are available for the FZ1 I assume that this would take the place of the plastic adaptor that came with it.

Laurie
eirual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:13 PM   #7

See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...hlight=yoshidaat the bottom.

I have the yoshida 295B (black). 55mm. Works great with the fz1 with every lens I have. Not just for tcon17 as suggested on the site.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 1:59 PM   #8

Thanks - I have one on order
eirual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:18 AM   #9

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...hlight=yoshida at the bottom.

I have the yoshida 295B (black). 55mm. Works great with the fz1 with every lens I have. Not just for tcon17 as suggested on the site.

Fred

Fred,

Can you tell me why you chose the 29.5mm Yoshida adapter tube rather than the 32.5 mm (stock length) one? Have you had any problems with it being too short? Ever wish you'd gone for the slightly longer one?

Besides the somewhat expensive Yoshida adapter, which other brands and models would you recommend?

Many thanks!

Jane
nmastae is offline   Reply With Quote