Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 9, 2004, 4:39 PM   #11

good for you I am looking at a used one for around 65 including shipping ...hey what can you do living in this expensive country with limited inventory! I went to a store for a Hoya UV filter 62mm .... 590 Kroner ....duh! I got one for under 150 Kroner including shipping! I can get almost 4 for the price of one in some stores!
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 5:06 PM   #12

Your are right! Its a big Q. Love it or leave it ! With the world as a shoppingmall we can now at least find merchandise, alternatives and better prices. My FZ 20, flash etc. all comes from the US, and I have moregoods in pipeline like memorycards. I start to use SanDiskExtreme III 1GB soon - read/write better than 20MB/s. It`s overkill - the best pro-cameras today write at 7MB/s.

I consider LumiQuest ProMax system for the Sunpak as well. Will it be a good choice ? Anyone tried it?
puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 5:29 PM   #13

Thanks, Puzzle! Excellent samples!

BTW, I bought my 383 at BH Photo as well.
cageyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:13 PM   #14

Hey can I get in on a deal with you on a Ultra III ? from your source if you have ordered and they are coming to you ...pay you through paypal or konto?? Imagine what they cost here???!!!!!

Possible? If not cool!
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:17 PM   #15

Good thinking! You missed me by a few days - they are already shipped to my friend i CA. Yes I use Pay Pal from time to time. Another time maybe?! Likewise?
puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:24 PM   #16

sure sounds good ...dude are you on the forums alot?
Old Dec 9, 2004, 7:35 PM   #17

HI,
I have read that the FZ series can only write at 40x ~6mb a second so I wouldn't waste your money on anything faster. The kingmax series are the best value for money.
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:33 PM   #18

I purchased the Lumiquest Pocket Bouncer today off eBay. Anyone have experience with this one? I was looking at the ProMax System but I didn't know if I would even figure out how to use all of the different inserts, etc.

Keenan
Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2004, 2:05 AM   #19

About the 383 settings. I usually leave it on aperture priority with the flash on auto, sometimes I use manual b/c I like blending the ambient light with the flash light (of course I have had problems with that, if you saw my post on the skin tones). What I find is that if you are less than 10 feet from the subject it will be too bright, so I just let less light in with the aperture. But if I am shooting a subject 20 feet or more, I have to open up the aperture. If I have time I do a test shot, if not I open or close the aperture 3/4 of a stop (or is it 2/3-it is one less than a full stop). That seems to work for me. In the manual mode (on the FZ20)I have set the flash also to manual, and used the slider to lessen flash intensity. I use it almost as I do salt in a dish, I get the ambient reading and add flash to taste, this way the flash doesn't overpower the picture. Of course, you will have to play with white balance. As you can see I haven't spent too much time using my 383. I also have the Panasonic FL-28 but that doesn't have that slider thing, so I just use it on auto. The 383 gives a better picture, though.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote