Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:50 AM   #1

Anybody gimme the best settings and tips for my fz20 on live music concert indoor, what best setting i must set? thx for all of your advice and comments.
dwisetyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2004, 4:52 PM   #2

Unless you are close enough for a flash or it is Flood lit then you need to set ISO to 400 Put the camera in aperture mode Set the F-Stop to 2.8, if the speed is still low less than about 1/40I would recommendmanual set it to 1/60, you may find the images still a little underexposed but a little post processing to set the levels will sort that out, as you are using ISO 400 the images will be a little noisy so use neat image to clean up the noise, I used these settings at my daughters ballet show recently and the processed pictures turned out pretty good.

You may need to experiment with the settings keep an eye on the display as you go, if it is well lit and you are getting good speeds reduce the ISO.

I would also recommend fast burst mode, to get several shots that way you will get one you like.

pwiles1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 10:41 PM   #3

thx pwiles for your tips, so i'll try your settings, i can't predict the distance between my seat and stage, but my ticket is VIP seat, so i hope it's not far from stage.
dwisetyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2004, 1:48 AM   #4

pwiles,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I downloaded neat image and tried to fix a photo where I had cropped one person out of about 5, and it didn't seem to do much, but maybe it would work better with the high ISO from the FZ20. Can I ask what settings you use in Neat Image? And could you possible post a couple of the pictures that you are talking about (or ones similar -with the neat image and the 400 ISO) so we can see the results? Thank you in advance.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 5:30 AM   #5

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
pwiles,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I downloaded neat image and tried to fix a photo where I had cropped one person out of about 5, and it didn't seem to do much, but maybe it would work better with the high ISO from the FZ20. Can I ask what settings you use in Neat Image? And could you possible post a couple of the pictures that you are talking about (or ones similar -with the neat image and the 400 ISO) so we can see the results? Thank you in advance.

Ihave attached links to2 Photos before and after neat image, they are from the show, they were taken from about 30Ft away in low light, ISO400 so lots of noise, neat image does quite a good job but leaves the pictures a little soft I would probably sharpen them now but Have left them alone so you can see the difference.

This was not the best picture Just one I felt suitable to post I did not want to show other peoples children for obvious reasons.

If you are interested I used ImageStack to host the images, I have just done this in about 20minutes including registering with image stack resizing, filtering and uploading the images, which I have been meaning to do for ages so thanks for the motivation.

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/4167/ballet11wt.jpg

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/485/ballet1filtered4vf.jpg
Old Dec 12, 2004, 5:46 AM   #6

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
pwiles,

The picture you cropped may not have noise issues, it may just be low resolution if you cropped a small area, do you have access to Photoshop? try interpolating the picture, (making it larger) before you crop it, in Photoshop the best way to do this is to go into image size and increase by 110%, do this several times, for some reason if you increase by 10% several times you do not loose as much quality as if you increase once by a larger amount, don't ask me why. :?