Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 11, 2004, 11:16 PM   #11

Very, Very nice work... Keep it up.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 1:27 AM   #12

Basac wrote:
Quote:
Nick, thanks for your supports. These girls are my graphic design students, not models
And yes, like you say, all my friends don't think the little Fz1 can take good pictures in studio light.
You should try it with your slave flash (Sunpac???), I'm sure you will have very interesting results.

Basac,

Some pix with one flash
Hey! I teach graphic design - kinda sorta (multimedia design...). I even taught it in an all girls college! How come none-a my students look like dat! I want to teach at your school! :lol:

I use a DF200 slave... So... gots the FZ-1, Gots the Flash, now alls I need is the model...

Great work! 'bout time someone posted something other than birds, full moons, extreme close-ups of insects, trippy IR scenes (that would be me). This forum needs its own Frank Doorhof (think that's his name) who posts under "people". I nominate you.

Great job.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 3:09 AM   #13

All I can say is that the First BlacknWhite Shot is the best of the lot.. Your design student looks simply amazing and beautiful in it.. Very nice work!!!
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 4:19 AM   #14

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 1:36 PM   #15

Jake D wrote:
Quote:
McD's, Arby's Krispy Kreme, etc, etc...
You said a mouthful.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 2:11 PM   #16

... oh, and by the way, one of my FAVORITE international cuisine is vietnamese food. When my wife and I were dating in college there was THE greatest little vietnamese place in philly, super inexpensive and it was all wonderful. House of Saigon it was called. Rice stick beef soup was to die for. I can still taste it... delicious. No other place makes it! Crab shuma, spring rolls. No fat, grease, oil. Great stuff. It's a unique combination of french and chinese is the best way to describe it. And desert? No ultra rich cakes or ice cream... tea, great coffee, a piece of fruit or (wonderful homemade) flan with a light carmel sauce.

It's gone... the owners retired. The other vietnamese places opened and were all yuppiefied... 2X the price, 1/2 as good as this little neighborhood storefront where the owner's wife did all the cooking.

- point is if you eat like this all the time, you will always be happy and never overweight. Shame there's no vietnamese drive through take-outs in the US.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:09 PM   #17

Nick,
Very suprise that you like vietnamese foods. Can you use chopsticks?. There are many kinds of vietnamese food in Saigon (my home town). If your wife and you have a chance to come to Saigon I will take you around for taste. Seriously!!!.

Hey! Nick, give me your home address I will send you some of my students for you to take pictures .... but remember to send them back to me when you finished, :-):-) ... (just take pictures don't do anythings else and don't tell your wife, OK). :lol::lol:
-------------------

Jake D,
Thanks for your reply of my question. Have a nice day.

Basac,
Basac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:30 PM   #18

Basac wrote:
Quote:
Nick,
Very suprise that you like vietnamese foods. Can you use chopsticks?. There are many kinds of vietnamese food in Saigon (my home town). If your wife and you have a chance to come to Saigon I will take you around for taste. Seriously!!!.
Thank you! Much obliged! I sould have put "vietnamese" as one of my favorites but it's been a while. Haven't had good vietnamese since "The House of Saigon" closed in Philly over five years ago. While I would love to travel some more, I don't see any international travel in the near future. I appreciate your hospitalitiy just the same. And yes I can use chopsticks (but would you think less of me if I said I still prefer a fork?)

Quote:
Hey! Nick, give me your home address I will send you some of my students for you to take pictures .... but remember to send them back to me when you finished, :-):-) ... (just take pictures don't do anythings else and don't tell your wife, OK). :lol::lol:
If you're serious, PM me! (Strictly as a learning experience, of course. I'm a gentleman - plus married with kids who doesn't play.) I would love to shoot some models, and have some ideas I would like to try though I don't think I could match what you have done here.

Thanks again...

Nick
Old Dec 14, 2004, 5:49 AM   #19

Dear Nick,
We all have the same hobby in this forum, i surely hope that everyone can take great pictures in all areas of all kind, and i sure hope that i can share the models with you but thats really out of my vision, simply cause im just an amateur.

But whenever you and your family have the chance to travel to Saigon and visit, if you want, i will be your tourguide. that i can do.

Basac
Old Dec 14, 2004, 5:50 AM   #20

Dear Jake D,
About the Sigma filter, i only use it in bad conditions of weather( like on the beach, avoiding the ocean breeze..ect) but usually i just use the camera as it is.

Basac