Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 12, 2004, 9:19 PM   #11

pwiles1968 wrote:
Quote:
47 Photos, an hour in Photoshp and I'm still not happy but here goes.

I agree, This is the hardest subject I have photographed to date. What a pain in the ornaments.
Oh yeah, Merry Christmas all:G

And no our tree isn't sprouting arms, it's a wall fern behind the tree.

smac

Last edited by smac; Jan 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 9:33 PM   #12

New England Chrismas tree...
Attached Images

eirual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 9:44 PM   #13

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
In the US in the late 50's through the 60's, there were these artificial silver tinny trees that had this motorized wheel had different color filters on it that a light shined through. You kept this contraption at the base of the tree and it changed the tree's colors as it rotated. ...as bizarre and gawdy as it sounds. Mind you, the tree was 100% silver... looked like it was made out of tin-foil. I LOVED it.

I called it the "Dr. Timothy Leary Artificial X-Mas Tree". I'm sure I can find one of these things cheap on eBay but my wife absolutely FORBIDS me to do it.

We're putting ours up today (...not a Timothy Leary tree) I'll post some pics... great idea.
My parents used to setup a Regal Electronics aluminum christmas tree back when I was a young boy (tree was the Sapphire model that had an aluminum rather than wood center pole). Used to love watching the light from the color wheel play across that tree. Was also kind of neat on cold dry mornings to walk past the tree and get a static shock from touching it. Your wife and mine have something in common. Initially my wife didn't know what an aluminum christmas tree was, but when she saw a picture of one for sale on ebay she hated it on sight. Aluminum christmas trees are still made today, but they definitely aren't cheap.

http://yuletideexpressions.com/Products/7standard.htm

There's another outfit selling new aluminum trees that I ran across once which was selling them for around $800.00 and up. Makes even some of the higher prices on ebay for a used one look attractive by comparison.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:45 PM   #14

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:43 AM   #15

smac wrote:
Quote:
pwiles1968 wrote:
Quote:
47 Photos, an hour in Photoshp and I'm still not happy but here goes.

I agree, This is the hardest subject I have photographed to date. What a pain in the ornaments.
Oh yeah, Merry Christmas all:G

And no our tree isn't sprouting arms, it's a wall fern behind the tree.

smac

Mine had a fish Tank, Speaker and Chest of drawers in, this digital is wonderful, but still very new and not very patient.

We should make this a regular spot, go out and take a picture based on a specific theme, Ok so most peoples work will beat mine into the ground but you only get better with practice, or has the newbie stepped out of line.

pwiles1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:58 AM   #16

This one is from my new FZ20K. I'm still getting used to the camera features and capabilities; however, this forum has been a valuable resource to help me with my transition from Canon Elan IIE SLR. So, here goes...

(The slight green cast is from our living room wall due to the long exposure time. Either that, or I messed up my white balance setting...)

Here goes...

Attached Images

pk_yoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 7:21 PM   #17

pk_yoss wrote:
Quote:
(The slight green cast is from our living room wall due to the long exposure time. Either that, or I messed up my white balance setting...)
You know - I really like it - looks like a Victorian Chrismas card - with colored lights.

Laurie
eirual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:35 AM   #18

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 3:30 PM   #19

FZ10. Available light. 1/4s on tripod.
I could have had more available light if I turned the lights up, but I thought it was a warmer, more christmasy picture like this.
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:45 PM   #20

Here you go, taken with my trusty ol' FZ1 with available light -- otherwise I the ornaments were WAY too reflective for the flash, even when bounced. It's not as sharp asI would like, but given the tree lights were the only source... It's a nine-footer (you should've seen the one that got away!).

-- Chris

EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote