Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:22 AM   #11

I like landscape photos very much. This is my opinion.
Your 4th photo is very nice with blue sky, white cloud, ect... to me if we firstly lock focus on the subject then lock exposure at place where we want. To me, a little-underexposure landscape photos is better overexposure. With that picture, we should lock exposure at around horizontal line, its result would be ground being a little darker and sky more clear. Like the following picture.

This is just my point of view

Basac
Attached Images

Basac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:39 PM   #12

I'll try it next time. Thanks

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 7:12 PM   #13

Love number #4 too. What I found out accidently through infrared photograpy is that did you ever notice how everything is in focus..or should I say the DOF is just incredible...well...I found out that because the IR filter is extremely dark...or super dark...the camera needs an extra long shutter speed even during bright sunlighted days.

So what I am saying is...what I do is put on a dark ND filter and a polarzing filter to stack them and use a long shutter speed to get a greater DOF. If you haven't tried it, because unlike the SLRs..our camera only goes to F8...if I had a F16 or F32 I would not need to stack ND filters to get the same result.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 8:29 PM   #14

That sea gull is posing. Nice shots bobc.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 8:43 PM   #15

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
what I do is put on a dark ND filter and a polarzing filter to stack them and use a long shutter speed to get a greater DOF. If you haven't tried it, because unlike the SLRs..our camera only goes to F8...if I had a F16 or F32 I would not need to stack ND filters to get the same result.
I bought two ND's for this very reason, to reduce the DOF. I haven't tried it yet, though. Do you have any sample pics using an ND filter with nfo? Just curious. Same as you I noticed this through doing IR. Also, I understand that f-8 isn't the greatest aperture for digitals due to dispersion. Likewise 2.8 isn't an optimal ap either.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:19 PM   #16

Gotta go w/nzmacro, I love #2, did you use a spot focus on that , or was it manual, and what about a tripod? I am tempted to buy a Gitzo tripod for it's weight and sturdiness but they are so expensive. I am getting OT, great shots Bob, really. Keep posting the pics, next to you guys, they are my favorite part of this forum!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:46 PM   #17
Fox

Great job again Bob! I really like the seagull. It looks like he is saying, This is my good side, go on and take my picture.:|
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:46 AM   #18

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:29 AM   #19

Hi bob I like no 2 but for a different reason, I took a VERY similar photo a couple of months ago, what can I say great minds think a like!
Attached Images

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:35 AM   #20

Nice one Treemonkey...

Thanks everyone. It looked all alone hanging out there all by itself, and just seemed like it needed it's picture taken.

I think a little more zoom would have done it better though.

bobc

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote